Euro 6 conversion

Has anyone had a euro 2,3,4 or 5 turned in to a 6 yet ? Just wondering how they are getting on or any persistent problems ? And cost ,thanks .

greenurban.co.uk/euro6.php Looking at this

Punchy Dan:
http://www.greenurban.co.uk/euro6.php Looking at this

Is this the bit that caught your eye?
“For the vast majority of operators, “Retrofitting of Emissions Abatement Technology” will be the most cost-effective option.”

Presumably after fitting of their product the vehicle will need some sort of testing to prove EU6 compliance, so the V5 can be updated?

I have not got involved with EuroVI but I thought (probably wrongly) that it required a Common Rail FIE system to meet the requirements and that a unit injection system would not do so.

Franglais:

Punchy Dan:

“For the vast majority of operators, “Retrofitting of Emissions Abatement Technology” will be the most cost-effective option.”

Presumably after fitting of their product the vehicle will need some sort of testing to prove EU6 compliance, so the V5 can be updated?

Having met a dead end on the fitting of a euro6 X15 ■■■■■■■ ,just thought I’d explore one more option before committing to a new Volvo or Daf .

cav551:
I have not got involved with EuroVI but I thought (probably wrongly) that it required a Common Rail FIE system to meet the requirements and that a unit injection system would not do so.

Not sure .

At the RHA Spring Conference Brian Robinson of the Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership stated that a Euro V Engine could be upgraded to Euro V1 and gave a price of £17,000. No mention of lower standard Euro Engines. However the Editorial of this months Roadway bursts this as a myth saying this system is only fitted to busses and according to Eminox, who are involved in the bus conversion programme, truck conversion hasn’t got beyond the theory stage yet, although personally I don’t see the difference between converting a bus or a truck apart from the duty cycle the engines have in these different applications.

Punchy Dan:

Franglais:

Punchy Dan:

Having met a dead end on the fitting of a euro6 X15 ■■■■■■■ ,just thought I’d explore one more option before committing to a new Volvo or Daf .

You wanting to do more work in that London then are you?
Personally I’m happy to stay out.

Own Account Driver:

Punchy Dan:

Franglais:

Punchy Dan:

Unfortunately not only London lots of other Cities are looking to bring in clean air zones.

nyk473l:

Own Account Driver:

Franglais:

Punchy Dan:

Unfortunately not only London lots of other Cities are looking to bring in clean air zones.
[/quote]
Southampton is looking to as well

I’ve heard Glasgow is putting one into place by end of 2018

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

“The zones will target areas where the air quality is poorest in Leeds, Birmingham, Nottingham, Derby and Southampton.”
By 2020. Doubtless others will follow soon after.
bbc.com/news/uk-england-35123873

Own Account Driver:

Punchy Dan:

Franglais:

Punchy Dan:

No I too am happy to stay int north ,but like above is the others joining in that’s going to be the problem

I can see legal challenges starting for towns that do not have a ring road but try to introduce a charge for non compliant vehicles which only require to drive across that town to reach a destination the other side.

Punchy Dan:
Has anyone had a euro 2,3,4 or 5 turned in to a 6 yet ? Just wondering how they are getting on or any persistent problems ? And cost ,thanks .

The likes of Green Urban and all the other firms involved in these things have various plans and ideas, but before you commit to anything, ask to see the certification of the unit that you plan to use, and on your particular vehicle. If they cannot show that to you, forget it until they can. These retrofits need to be certified at somewhere like Millbrook. If they are not, they are worthless. Also bear in mind that the real volume is in buses at the moment, so that is where most effort is being directed.

That said, I believe one firm in the north-west has retrofitted some older coaches to Euro 6 and has promised(!) the operators that they will be certified at some point. Bit of a gamble at £15-20k a pop if it end up being the case that they can’t be, but the equipment provider must be confident.

Hello,

I thought that I share my opinion on the issue. I would like to state that I’m not a truck seller.

When you think of the ULEZ in London please take a look on the map. You will notice that the ULEZ is gonna apply to very central London only. Now, think how often you take/will take an artic to central London. I never did personally. When I did drive to central London it was a multi drop work in a rigid vehicle.

Secondly, the worst case scenario from 2019-2022 the difference between euro5 and euro6 in VED will be £300. Now if you operate your truck 230 days per annum then the daily charge won’t be higher than extra £1.30

And finally when we talking about resale value, I assume that the truck you will buy will be around 5-6 years old and have done anything between 400-600k km. When you are done with it it most likely gonna be around 10 years old with circa 1 milion km. You then sell the truck for export anyway and in the counties where UK truck go to they don’t worry about emission but the want Volvos and Scanias and you will still get circa £5k.

Hope that it will help to make a decision. However this is an opinion not an expertise.

AlexBarclay:

Trying is the word.

Colin_scottish:

AlexBarclay:

Trying is the word.

What and lose all revenue ( £1.3 million :open_mouth: ) from the bus lane cameras at Nelson Mandela Place!
Can’t see it happening :laughing:

Sorry guys but it’s happening, 31st Dec2018 if you’re not euro 6 diesel or euro 4 petrol you’ll be fined and by 2022 there will be a ban on non euro 6 entering Glasgow city centre…
glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=22339

I say fined, either that or pay a toll