Euro 6 conversion

Driver Pete:

Olog Hai:

Driver Pete:
When you think of the ULEZ in London please take a look on the map. You will notice that the ULEZ is gonna apply to very central London only. Now, think how often you take/will take an artic to central London. I never did personally. When I did drive to central London it was a multi drop work in a rigid vehicle.

Secondly, the worst case scenario from 2019-2022 the difference between euro5 and euro6 in VED will be £300. Now if you operate your truck 230 days per annum then the daily charge won’t be higher than extra £1.30…

Pete, I think you’ll find that the worst case scenario is actually that the ULEZ will be extended to encompass everything within the M25 at some point.

It probably will and eventually we’ll all have to use electric trucks. However we can only worry about the things that we know now :slight_smile:

My opinion, at the moment only a few companies could realistically use electric trucks given the range restrictions and weight and that’s traffic management wagons that are out setting out TM for an hour then back in the yard on charge losing up for the next job and low volume recovery work out pick up a car and back to the yard and on charge… 90 minutes for a full charge

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk