Air horn piping

Hi all,

Ive got to fit some 22" hadley horns to the roof bar on a v4 volvo and just had a couple of questions.

1. Is the air supply from the seat good enough to supply the 2 horns.
  2. Can i get away with one solenoid and tee off after that or do i need 2 solenoids.

Thanks in advance

You might struggle with 2 horns off a seat, if you do try it make sure you use 2 solenoids after your Y peice and not one solenoid before the Y peice to the 2 horns as the pressure will be crap (it might be anyway) i.ve ran mine straight off a blank on the airtank up the chassis, through the front behind the fusebox and up the windsceen pillar , mine ars the big 37" Hadleys, sound mental but quite entertaining

As above small pipe waste of time ,get some half inch pipe ,volume is needed not just pressure ,I’ve got Desilux horns ,when faced backwards I can go faster :laughing:

Okay understood will see what i can manage.

Punchy Dan:
As above small pipe waste of time ,get some half inch pipe ,volume is needed not just pressure ,I’ve got Desilux horns ,when faced backwards I can go faster :laughing:

Yes but not for long because you’ve probably used that much air your brakes come on :laughing:

, Volvo’s run a pipe from the seat using 8mm nylon/plastic, I’ve got big boy train horns, running from the Volvo horn under the bumper, no problems.

Cheers for all of that, using the clamps to hold them to the bar, am i correct in thinking that you gave to drill into the bar to get the pipe into the bottom of the horn?