RHA or FTA is it worth it?

Hello guys,
I would like to ask you if in your opinion/experience it is worth joining either RHA or FTA■■?
If it is worth it then why??
Which one would you recomend if any■■?

Thank you .

Yes its worth it.

I’m an FTA member and have a whole bunch of transport legal eagles at the end of the phone. I can also borrow their legitimacy as a new start owner operator. Their logo on my first truck and on my paperwork seems to carry a little weight. It only costs me £125 a year so its money well spent in my opinion.

nsmith1180:
Yes its worth it.

I’m an FTA member and have a whole bunch of transport legal eagles at the end of the phone. I can also borrow their legitimacy as a new start owner operator. Their logo on my first truck and on my paperwork seems to carry a little weight. It only costs me £125 a year so its money well spent in my opinion.

Is there anything tangible part from the advice■■? Do they send you legislation updates or do you get discounts where appropriate■■?

Driver Pete:

nsmith1180:
Yes its worth it.

Is there anything tangible part from the advice■■? Do they send you legislation updates or do you get discounts where appropriate■■?

Generally speaking the RHA is for owner drivers and smaller hauliers whereas the FTA is for large operators and companies carrying their own goods.

I have been a member of each over the years and in my opinion as a small operator the RHA is better. They have 2 meetings a year where you get updated on legislation changes, get a weekly email with transport/ legislation related news etc. They have a help desk you can ring to ask all manor of questions from drivers hours to overhang markings. You get a haulage manual which tells you pretty much everything you need to know legislation wise. If you employ people then use the lawplan part of your membership which provides help and representation at PI’s and employment tribunals. It’s well worth the extra cost. They will even write to slow payers threatening them with court action and believe me that works!
The FTA offer similar services but cover lots of other methods of transport too so in my experience are not as focussed on road haulage as the RHA.

Driver Pete:

nsmith1180:
Yes its worth it.

I get regular emails with legislation updates. Quarterly magazine, discounts on the FTA Shop and Training. I saved £200+ on my TM CPC with them.

nsmith1180:
Yes its worth it.

Was that a special offer, or did you haggle? I looked into both the fta and rha and both where similar price about £450 ish

pig pen:

nsmith1180:
Yes its worth it.

Was that a special offer, or did you haggle? I looked into both the fta and rha and both where similar price about £450 ish

125 membership for 1-2 vehicle fleets.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

fta.co.uk/export/sites/fta/_ … erator.pdf
The prices I was going off

pig pen:
http://www.fta.co.uk/export/sites/fta/_t/2018/Membership/vehicle-operator.pdf
The prices I was going off

Page 8

I agree with coiler. I’ve been with the FTA in the past, with the RHA now for the last 20ish years. I think the RHA have served me well over that time. Usual updates every week, attend the two briefings and usually attend the pay for conference annually.

They’ve held my hand on a few employment issues, a couple of European difficulties and general queries. I rate them for the small haulier.