I'm searching for operating centre

Dears,

I would like to rent 2 yards as a carpark for lorries around London and Sheffield.

The problem is, that it’s very hard to find any interesting offers on the property websites.

The most of them are already under offer or are very expensive. :frowning:

The space which I need is 0,2 -0,5 acres.

Can anyone help where to find operating centres with reasonable rent rates?

Patrick_Master:
Dears,

I would like to rent 2 yards as a carpark for lorries around London and Sheffield.

The problem is, that it’s very hard to find any interesting offers on the property websites.

The most of them are already under offer or are very expensive. :frowning:

The space which I need is 0,2 -0,5 acres.

Can anyone help where to find operating centres with reasonable rent rates?

J31 Truck Stop @ Sheffield is a good place to start…S26 2BS - 07825 911761 -

You do realise that you will need an O Licence for each “car park”…you can`t just pitch up and carry on as normal…

Dear Stanley,

Thank you for you reply.

However, I’m looking for sth cheaper as I’d like to pay no more that 10 000 GBP pa for each yard (0.3 acres).

Location can be up 40 miles around from the cities as well.

My priority is the price, it can be even non-secured yard with ■■■■■■■■ surface 40 miles from London,it’s also important that DVSA would have no objections while making an application.

Patrick_Master:
Dear Stanley,

Thank you for you reply.

However, I’m looking for sth cheaper as I’d like to pay no more that 10 000 GBP pa for each yard (0.3 acres).

Location can be up 40 miles around from the cities as well.

My priority is the price, it can be even non-secured yard with ■■■■■■■■ surface 40 miles from London,it’s also important that DVSA would have no objections while making an application.

Morning Patrick,

How many trucks are looking to park @ each operating centre ?

You are not really in a position to “wish” for your perfect “operating centre”, as this industry is treated pretty poorly in the UK, and soon as you mention trucks, most property agents automatically put us in the same as category as “travellers” and end the conversation there and then… :open_mouth:

Dear Stanley,

I need space for 20 lorries (dim. 12,5m x 3,5m per one truck) in each yard.

I have found some commercial lands with prices 15 000 GBP pa but really need sth cheaper :confused:

Patrick_Master:
Dear Stanley,

I have found some commercial lands with prices 15 000 GBP pa but really need sth cheaper :confused:

Good luck with that Patrick …

I`ve got a very good price for my fleet, sharing a yard with 24/7 security, with NO restrictions…

For 20 trucks my landlord would require £498.50 a week off me, and that`s in the rural East Midlands :open_mouth:

Patrick_Master:
Dear Stanley,

I think you are looking for something that doesn’t exist.

In the London area, Incl three counties etc you are looking at big money, specifically because sites are close to London. Up in Sheffield, I’m at Junction 31. I pay just over £162 a month + VAT for my space. Wincanton have about 30 trucks in there and Turners (MacIntyres) have at least 20 in there because they are the cheapest around. For 20 vehicles you would be looking at £39k a year. Buying in Sheffield, the cheapest I can find is .25 acres under offer for a quarter million, and you would need to change use for that, and there is no security.

Stanley Mitchell:

Patrick_Master:
Dear Stanley,

I`ve got a very good price for my fleet, sharing a yard with 24/7 security, with NO restrictions…

For 20 trucks my landlord would require £498.50 a week off me, and that`s in the rural East Midlands :open_mouth:

Is that based on renting parking spaces because to be honest if you took a five year lease on somewhere you’d get a office/workshop plus yard for a lot more than 20 trucks for that sort of money in the area.

Problem for the OP is going to be that companies with spare yard space probably won’t use surveyors on the big commercial property websites and a lot of places won’t even realise they could be renting out spare yard space so easily if they’re not in haulage.

Own Account Driver:

Stanley Mitchell:

Patrick_Master:
Dear Stanley,

Is that based on renting parking spaces because to be honest if you took a five year lease on somewhere you’d get a office/workshop plus yard for a lot more than 20 trucks for that sort of money in the area.

Problem for the OP is going to be that companies with spare yard space probably won’t use surveyors on the big commercial property websites and a lot of places won’t even realise they could be renting out spare yard space so easily if they’re not in haulage.

Pure parking spaces pal, Im not interested in workshops, offices ect., this industry is too "iffy" to sign in on any "long term" lease arrangement, the cost to me with 6 parking spaces with the added attraction of 24/7 security, with patrols, cameras ect. is very cheap, Im happy…

R+Ms render workshops obsolete, with laptops + mobiles offices arent needed, and if you run your trucks 7 days a week, even parking is`nt really needed, its only a “base” where we swop drivers from shift to shift…and safe parking for their cars…

Many thanks for letting me know about Junction 31.

Can you pls provide me with a cheap parking around Southall as well?

nsmith1180:
[ Buying in Sheffield, the cheapest I can find is .25 acres under offer for a quarter million, and you would need to change use for that, and there is no security.

Which site are you seeing this on?

Don’t know. I googled.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Dears,

Still looking parking for 5 lorries around Southall.

Any help pls? :frowning: :frowning: