Abs suzie

Can anyone say that a particular abs suzie keeps the weather out the plugs better than others ? Had a 3G truck parts one , the trailers done very little since putting it on and its let the weather in and stopped working the cab light ,just wondering if it would be better to hard wire it on the trailer end ?

Punchy Dan:
Can anyone say that a particular abs suzie keeps the weather out the plugs better than others ? Had a 3G truck parts one , the trailers done very little since putting it on and its let the weather in and stopped working the cab light ,just wondering if it would be better to hard wire it on the trailer end ?

Are you leaving it connected to the trailer then ?

Own Account Driver:

Punchy Dan:

Are you leaving it connected to the trailer then ?

Have often thought of this if you are pulling your own trailer, gear it up like a drawbar trailer and hang them up

Contact spray has got to be easier surely?

Ps its actually EBS suzie, i havent seen an ABS suzie for many a year.

Sorry I should of said it’s draw bar , have been pulling a triaxle that was hard wired I know why now ,and it is Abs not Ebs .

Punchy Dan:
Sorry I should of said it’s draw bar , have been pulling a triaxle that was hard wired I know why now ,and it is Abs not Ebs .

Bloody hell just how old is the trailer?

2002 I think .

Punchy Dan:
2002 I think .

Im off to google now as I can remember all the fun when ebs first started and we kept using/getting supplied with abs suzies, sadly I cant remember when that was!

Will Vaseline help on the pins on the end that never gets undone ? I use it on bulb holders ect .

I would say no as it may interfere with the contacts themselves, Im sure just aerosol contact spray will do the trick.

I tend to use wurth 2000 spray on bulb holers and connectors at work, not because its the ebst but its what we have and it seems super sticky and seems to last a few years.

Trickydick:
I would say no as it may interfere with the contacts themselves, Im sure just aerosol contact spray will do the trick.

I tend to use wurth 2000 spray on bulb holers and connectors at work, not because its the ebst but its what we have and it seems super sticky and seems to last a few years.

Thanks I’ll buy some and try it .

Tie wrap a polythene sleeve round the coupling or just hard wire it. Wet and crud in the couplings is a PITA with drawbars, the problem is the spray from the tow vehicle because they’re so low down.

You know after responding to my Welcome Break post in ‘the other place’ I was convinced this was going to be a wind up saying you’d found a supply of free ABS Suzies!

Nothing else to add I’m afraid, I’m a fair weather drawbar driver, (Never done it in the rain and don’t really want to) so have little to add. Except perhaps to couple it up and then spray all around the connections with white grease or spray on PTFE or something to add a bit of weather seal over the coupling.