Throwing The Towel In

I’m lucky I got out before it got too silly, I ended up with a great bunch of guys before I sold up and moved to Canada, I’m still in touch with most of them now. I did have one guy that came with such good references it looked as if his mum must have written them, but they all checked out, unfortunately he never lived up to them, he was a one man destruction derby, more than just a run of bad luck too.

One incident was funny though, he dislodged a portacabin sat on top of another whilst delivering to the Reading Festival, of all the ones he could have hit, he had to hit the one belonging to Thames Valley Constabulary and to compound matters, he dragged the staircase with him too so the coppers inside were all leaning at 45deg and had no way to get down! Luckily they saw the funny side and it wasn’t a big deal in the end, the portacabin crew were still on site and repositioned the wonky one FOC.

Getting rid of the driver was a nightmare though, up until the point where I’d had enough I had not followed procedure, so had to go through the verbal and written warning palaver before I could even think about giving him his marching orders. When that day arrived the swine beat me to it and handed his notice in before I had my chance! I gave him his two week notice wages and finally got shot of him.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk