Tacho card download

bear with me I’m a women coming into an this industry over the last few years. been working for customs for 10+ years but now branched into running a business (been running a ltd company for 3 years) and buying a few trucks.

passed my operator cpc so currently acting as an external tm for business in my hubbys name. truck bought, o licence applied for, tm (me in place).

with reference to being the TM i no what i have to check and wrote all my contracts, monthly letters etc as in time i do want to take on a few companies under my tm role … I’m rather ocd at getting things right.

sorry about the bumf i just wanted to give an insight so hopefully one of you kind lot can help…

i was going to analyse the tacho myself as at moment i have one truck and one driver.
looking further into this and looking at novadata! anyone got any info on a good company to use? isit worth it? how do i send them the data? do i need to buy any further equipment?

sorry for all the questions a girl got to start somewhere and i wont learn unless i have some guidance…

any advice with reference to me starting up would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

martine

If you have a USB capable downloader then Tachomaster is the one I would recommend. It costs £1 per week per driver active and I think 1.50 per vehicle.

You download their free software, plug in your device and it detects the files automatically. From then on its a 1 click upload.

It produces more reports than you could ever need, you can type in explanations for missing milage. You can give your driver a log in and they can check their hours on an app. And they securely store all your records.

Its a lot more cost effective than tying up your own time doing the analysis.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I totally agree thank you i also looked at this company

any advice on a downloader i can see they range massively in price

thank you

I use Tachotek from Novadata. Easy to use and good for beginners. Contact Mark he will be able to give you help and advise.

I use the DLKpro key :- vdotachograph.co.uk/wp-content/t … AD-KEY.pdf

I know a lot of people grumble about the RHA, but I’ve found their system straightforward to use.

rha.uk.net/services/rha-analysis

download from the unit and into the software and it brings up as much data as you could possibly want.

I use RHA analysis as well, works well and produces all the reports needed.

I have one of these, which will download both the driver card and VU:
rhaonline.co.uk/digital-tach … -064-.html

On the downloader front I use one of these:

rhaonline.co.uk/digital-tach … -009-.html

Though I got mine from the FTA not the RHA. It does unit and driver card, it runs off a couple of AAA batteries and has done me 10 months without problems. Its also good if you use shared user yards, because you can chuck it in a Really Useful Box with your name on it and it won’t end up downloading half of the rest of the yard. As will the one above. The ones that use mobile phones to upload for you are good but they have to be left out and plugged in. My yard has three of them for different companies and its not often we get a week where company a doesn’t get company B’s driver.