Best 7.5T and 18T trucks for MPG

Hi,
What from your experience is the best 18T or 7.5T truck based on mpg and running cost? I know the difference can be quite significant as I’m getting 18.8mpg from the 7.5T Iveco (Euro4, mileage 490kkm, 2007, 1650 rpm at 56mph) compared to 15.2mpg from a Merc (Euro3, mileage 590kkm, 2006, 1800rpm at 56mph). I am considering upgrading them to Euro5 and potentially upsizing to 18T - what mpg can I expect from 7.5T and 18T trucks with Euro5 engines? Is the Euro5 mpg better in any way than Euro4 on vehicles of this size? OR would it be better to go straight for Euro6 to be prepared for the possible Low Emission Zones being introduced to various towns from next year (do you believe they will really introduce these zones and ban Euro 5 trucks without staging them out for a few years)?

Can’t say on mpg because I’m an artic man but yes, they will go straight to Euro6. If you are looking to renew the fleet now, go E6 because there is no point buying now if you can’t take the vehicles into loads of places in 2 years. Also residuals on E5 vehicles will go through the floor as more E6 hit the market.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk