Transport manager contract

Recently become qualified starting off with one truck just applying for o licence. I’ve seen many people questioning if a contract is needed for the transport manager. I would like to put one of these in place not only for my husband but for other companies and charge them accordling. I’ve seen on this site that some have had examples sent to them by other members and hoping someone can help me out so I can get the ball rolling. Thanks I’m advamce

richards12:
Recently become qualified starting off with one truck just applying for o licence. I’ve seen many people questioning if a contract is needed for the transport manager. I would like to put one of these in place not only for my husband but for other companies and charge them accordling. I’ve seen on this site that some have had examples sent to them by other members and hoping someone can help me out so I can get the ball rolling. Thanks I’m advamce

I just want to check this is right, you want someone to send you a TM contract for free, so that you can a. use it for your own purposes, fair enough, and then b. use it to charge other people. Good business model!

I’ve sent various templates to people over the years, now I realise I should have been charging them accordingly. :wink:

Oh gosh no way I didn’t mean it in this context what so ever so please refrain from sending any messages like this I was simply looking for some support. What I mean by charge is being an external tm for others. I am new to this and clearly have a lot to learn which is a process I can only do by hopefully receiving some support and guidance from others in this industry. I certainly wasn’t looking for a copy of a contract just some guidance on how to lay it out and certain information needed on the contract to cover myself as being an external tm a lot will fall onto my lap should it be incorrect. I understand what I have to do and what I need to check. I have certain Information that I need to include from my tm1 form but what I was actually looking for was help on a layout and help on what I need to write on the contract!

Id put the damages and penalties part in the first paragraph, maybe in capitals to.

After seeing what people are paying external tm’s theres no way id be doing it.

I have used the following contract:

Agreement between the Transport Manager (Mr. x ■■) and the Operator (YYY Ltd) further to the operator’s licence No. OZ2000.

The Transport Manager (Mr ■■■) agrees to supply services, subject to practical constraints, in compliance with The Senior Traffic Commissioner’s Statutory Document No. 3, Transport Managers, General Responsibilities, to the Operator YYY Ltd for a fee of £■■■ per month, which can be terminated by either party.

Signed

Mr. ■■■ Date

YYY Ltd… Date

richards12:
Oh gosh no way I didn’t mean it in this context what so ever so please refrain from sending any messages like this I was simply looking for some support. What I mean by charge is being an external tm for others. I am new to this and clearly have a lot to learn which is a process I can only do by hopefully receiving some support and guidance from others in this industry. I certainly wasn’t looking for a copy of a contract just some guidance on how to lay it out and certain information needed on the contract to cover myself as being an external tm a lot will fall onto my lap should it be incorrect. I understand what I have to do and what I need to check. I have certain Information that I need to include from my tm1 form but what I was actually looking for was help on a layout and help on what I need to write on the contract!

What way did you mean it then? You said you wanted a template so you could charge for your services. How else can that be meant?