Advice on customer refusing to pay

Spardo:
Sounds about right Stanley, I had a very lucrative job for a year or more. We had a Morris Minor pickup with a tilt (our spec) on it and while we were so young it was my own private vehicle too. I was approached by a freight forwarder in Derby to be available 5 nights a week if required to collect spares from RR and run them down to Japan Airlines at Heathrow.

The deal was I had to be prepared (I didn’t drive generally by this time apart from the desk) to leave home with the Moggie at the drop of a hat until the cut-off/stand down of 9pm. It averaged about 2 or 3 times a week. Once when there was an RB 211 cowling to go I rented a mate’s wagon for the night and took it with that. A very rare exception. We made a mint but one day it came to an end. My contact said sorry, but my nephew has just bought a ■■■■■■ van and thinks he would like to be in road haulage. Verbal contracts, not worth the paper they’re printed on eh? :unamused:

I suppose that might be seen to give the lie to my assertion of only 2nd hand on backloads, but not really. That was prime work at my rate. :smiley:

Everyone has a boss David. Even her majesty is told where to be and when!