Fleet Management - Services booking

Hello!

I recently had a meeting with a leading truck manufacture to discuss potential savings to small businesses. The obvious one was cost of buying truck (I’m working on some sort of discount as we speak) however he suggested to run fleet management along side, more specific managing services for trucks and trailers as they have to be done every 6-8 weeks. He’s point was that as part of the order they can offer reduced monthly maintenance charge (when ordering through me) which I could (as this would be optional) then control, you’d pay me the agreed monthly fee (lower then what local dealers offer) for which I would book truck in for service, send confirmation, remind you when it’s due and pay the workshop for there service.

My question’s to you are:
-how much time every week do you spend doing it?(checking which unit is becoming due, booking it)
-do you think there’s a need for this type of service?
-can you suggest any other time consuming tasks that could be outsourced?

Regards

Karol

To take your questions in order:

-how much time every week do you spend doing it?(checking which unit is becoming due, booking it)

None. I have reminders for unit and Trailer programmed into my phone that let me know when inspections are due and a standing booking at the dealer for inspection and a courtesy van. If I forget the dealer phones me a couple of days before to find out if I have any defects that need addressing. It’s all included in the service cost.

-do you think there’s a need for this type of service?

Not really. An operator is required to have an easy to use system in place so we’ve all got it covered already.

-can you suggest any other time consuming tasks that could be outsourced?

Do you do driving■■? Oh and weekly shopping!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

As Nick has said, it should be second nature to anybody running trucks, as to when everything is due on the truck / trailer…

If you are already on an R+M with a main stealer, they will be pestering you during the week prior to the inspection / service…

That`s if they are any good that is :open_mouth:

A wall planner with everything detailed on it, is your fail safe back-up…cost neutral :wink:

Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

nsmith1180 - pretty sure self driving trucks are being tested in US right now so that aspect might be covered soon :smiley: As for the weekly shopping big stores already offer delivery :wink:

Stanley Mitchell - excellent point, as I said this came up during our discussion as something to look at :unamused: