brakes

Hi Guys and Dolls
I have been reading numerous posts on here regarding brake and suspension issues and would like to offer my help when any of you have issues. I have spent over 20 years in the commercial vehicle brake systems industry and have extensive knowledge of such systems. I presently work for one of the largest braking components manufacturers in the uk and have previously had my own business doing everything from homolugations to abs retrofits and complete truck and trailer installations so I am not just a pointy shoe as they say. Please feel free to ask anything and I will do my best to give you correct and efficient advice for your problem.
Chat soon
mooseman16

Is it true that you must turn ignition off before connecting abs/ebs cable beetween truck and trailer to avoid damage to abs/ebs modulator?

ajeden:
Is it true that you must turn ignition off before connecting abs/ebs cable beetween truck and trailer to avoid damage to abs/ebs modulator?

I’ve never known this to cause damage although it does sometimes throw up a fault code on the dashboard if the ABS line is connected while the ignition is on.

Hi Sorry for late reply was away. General rule of thumb is to have the ignition off when connecting/disconnecting cables. This is because of faults that could occur whilst unplugging particularly if the pins are quite loose in the plug or socket and voltage supply issues could occur. Also when turning the ignition on the system does a wiring self check to check for faults and this will help narrow down the fault area if there were no faults before plugging in. I also recommend having a can of water displacement spray [3m does a good one] to help with connectivity.