Actros brake pads

Moonraker:
Thank you for your replies. I’ve now had the bill and although the pads were not dear I’ve been charged £1040.00 (18 hours) for the labour replacing the pads and locating the fault with the sensors and loom. It was the O/S/R wheel.
I am not a mechanic at all - merely a removal man. The problem I seem to encounter with garages is that I pay for every minute they spend diagnosing a problem - even if it is at first incorrectly diagnosed (some mechanics/fitters are more experienced than others). It seems that the worse they are at diagnosing, the more it costs! Even if I obtain an estimate for repairs, there’s always something else. When I give an estimate for a removal, that is the price no matter if it takes longer than expected (unless of some major unforeseen or untold circumstance). Garages and solicitors charge after the event and there’s normally sweet FA that you can do about it!

Ok, I’II revise my opinion that’s a ■■■■■■■■ for what boiled down to a pad change an wear sensor lead.

It sounds like they may have run into problems being unfamiliar with the need to reset the system but I agree you don’t pay for them to educate themselves.