Whistleblower ?

Hi guys ,One of my competitors is using a self employed driver , we have long expected that this guy is flaunting drivers hours records , just the usual turning in late dishelved looking , sleeping at every available tipping and loading point ,and his boss went out of his way to find him a non digital tacho truck , now the problem is he isn’t doing anything illegal at the place I run out of as they wouldn’t allow it , but he’s been spotted more than a few times doing other driving work when he should be resting , he was overheard on the phone telling the guy that owns the truck his November hours worked , which was in the region of 360 hours , I kid not ! On top of this he has other Business interests of his own which has to be attended too !
I know I shouldn’t have to ask but what would you’s do if it came to your attention.

Id remember the freedom of information act before you do owt :wink:

And make sure you have hard facts before speaking to the TC’s office or VOSA or whatever they call themselves these days.

Ken.

Get this cowboy rogue clown driver of the road, it sounds like a fatal accident waiting to happen by falling asleep at the wheel.
Does anybody on here want to share the road with someone with no regard to the law?
Its idiots like this that give the rest of us the bad public image.
You can’t hide the paper trial of evidence of working hours, with cctv everywhere.
Anpr to track movement, delivery places that have cctv.
Using an analogue wont cover his tracks.
Plus tachograph fraud , expect a prison sentence.

Or he could have a ■■■■■■ wife and sleep at home is impossible, then he could tell peeple were listening to his phone call so added on a hundred or so hours whislt smirking to himself!

Crack to the mat,flat keep her,lit on!

That’s one thing you can’t wear out or abuse,

If you feel it’s true then get it reported .
Having had to attend the scene of a multiple fatal where an HGV ploughed into standing traffic and killed 5 in one car due to the driver abuse of hours and rest. I hate anybody who puts me or anybody else in unnecessary danger.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

If it doesn’t directly affect you, then it’s nothing to do with you. If you want to get involved in prosecution/enforcement then join the Police (or DVSA).

Well, that’s what some participants say about such things at any rate…

Punchy Dan:

What relevance does the Freedom of Information Act have to any of this?

Maybe the bloke is just a scruffy git, maybe he likes to sleep while he’s being paid, maybe he has a sense of humour and is having a laugh at your expense, knowing that you will be so outraged by his perceived actions that you will take the time to post a thread on trucknetuk about it?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replays guys .
Maybe , some of you have missed the part that he been spotted driving , after he has already done a complete shift at the factory we sub for ? Maybe you have missed the part that he also has other business interests that commands manual work from himself too .
If I didn’t think it was my business , ( his employer gets a double shift with 1 driver allowing him to lower rates - be more flexible as he has a driver to cover a busy period) I wouldn’t have posted it .
Maybe it’s not only the east European drivers that are rule flaunting as there seems to be a varying option on this , something that has surprised me .
I thought the only one that would be on his side would be diesel dog asking if he was part time lol.
I’m not one for meddling in other people’s doings but as previous posters have mentioned this could end up with a serious rta.
If I don’t do something about it and it ends up in tears I’ll be asking myself why didn’t I do something about it .

Mind your own business.

Beetlejuice:
Mind your own business.

It is his business now he believes there’s a problem. It’s my business too because I’m sharing the road with these characters, as are other members of my family. The bigger villain is the fella employing him.

lynchy:
Crack to the mat,flat keep her,lit on!

=1
he sounds like my kinda guy…id probably ask him for a job.
at the same time,id be minding my own business.

It would have to be something very severe for me to even consider any grassing up.

What I would say to always consider is you never know whose mates knows who I wouldn’t trust anything to be kept in confidence.

TiredAndEmotional:

Beetlejuice:
Mind your own business.

It is his business now he believes there’s a problem. It’s my business too because I’m sharing the road with these characters, as are other members of my family. The bigger villain is the fella employing him.

Aside from what the driver may be doing, it is IMHO, worse that the boss is allowing him to do it, to the obvious benefit of his company. It’s companies like that, that drive rates down affecting other haulage concerns in the area.

How can honest companies try and compete against these companies that are blantantly breaking the law.

Like was said, could you live with yourself if the worst did happen and you didn’t do anything to try and prevent it.

Roymondo:

Punchy Dan:

What relevance does the Freedom of Information Act have to any of this?

By your snotty tone you must all ready know something about this meaning that I could be wrong however my m8 used the foi act to find out who caused him unnecessary agravation and has delt with them accordingly ,before people start reporting wrong doing by others they need to be squeaky clean them selves first .

Good luck to the fella wanting to work hard and provide, to many do-gooding nosey parkers nowdays sticking there beak in were it’s not wanted.

Just keep er lit, and glug the Costa, whoooosh gone.

One of the biggest killers is stress, one of its biggest causes is worrying. A stressed driver on the road is as dangerous as a tired driver. The Whistleblower isn’t getting a proper rest period, he is skulking round corners stalking some bloke. You cannot relax while you watch him running his own business, working in a factory and driving whilst eavesdropping.