PG??

I can’t find the answer to this simple question, so wonder if anyone will know on here.

If you are stopped by DVSA and sent merrily on your way with zero defects to trouble your green score :sunglasses: , DVSA are supposed to give you a ticket and it’s PG something. Any idea what the numbers are?

TIA

Without looking in my magic book im going to say pg35.

Without checking in my book i may be confusing that with something else

Suppose to, but may not.

Concretejim, I think you are right now that I’ve had that too google!

We seem to be getting stopped a fair bit at the moment (green score, but we double man and often with a low height, so I think it must look East EU-ish) and aren’t getting issued with the all clear PG35, so out goes a memo.

Cheers.

I think they also have this magical thing they call a “sift” where if they, supposedly quickly, decide from a visual inspection that there are no points for prizes on your truck you get sent on and they will not record anything on your OCRS, and presumably it is not recorded as a stop on their statistics, but I do not know that. Objecting to not being fully inspected sort of goes against the grain with most people I guess and, if you want to be cynical, the “x out of 10 lorries stopped had a defect” (which then becomes “x out of 10 lorries” in the press) keeps nice and high. Could not be true could it :unamused:

You cynic you, manski :wink:

No idea what is going on, but we are getting stopped all the time at the minute. I’d just like to make sure that it’s getting recorded that we are behaving.

Had one go up Scotland Wednesday, got a pull at Gretna, no problems. Lo and behold, same place on the way down on Thursday, another pull. Stopped she says , because you have no number plate. Trot round to the back and there is the number plate… Drivers would have passed the attitude test.

I’m beginning to feel ‘special’ :neutral_face:

If you have a good/green ocrs score then you shouldnt be getting tugged unless something looks very wrong.

I have no doubt you run a smart outfit so it seems a little strange.

Unless something looks wrong, itll be red, grey, orange, green operators.

We run lhd renaults in “euro spec” never had a issue in england. We do, and im guessing your still on uk plates with a green disc in the window.

As I say maybe it’s the low height, double man set up that looks East EU, but that’s always been the configuration.

We do keep our trucks longer than most, low mileage. Got a 56 plate that’s due for renewal this year with 650k on it, rarely pulling more than 8 ton, so they aren’t overworked.

You can view your OCRS score online to check if you are actually green. I have been stopped a couple of times and given a clean bill of health then put never given any paperwork to show it.

I don’t see why you are not entitled to ask the DVSA for your ‘contact’ history. If they query anything just mention your concerns. At the end of the day you are one of their customers. I guess that you have customers who request an audit into your operation occasionally.

Alternatively if appearing on the radar bothers you, then since this Forum is run by the trade Press perhaps the topic might be due an investigation. I am sure that operators who buy the magazines will read the article with interest, and particularly so if it reveals that the job is not being done properly.

whelmic:
You can view your OCRS score online to check if you are actually green. I have been stopped a couple of times and given a clean bill of health then put never given any paperwork to show it.

I checked our OCRS a couple of weeks ago and green all the way. We put ourselves through a voluntary audit with the RHA last week (which was a useful experience), and it was the RHA guys suggestion to make sure we get the PG35 if they had done a full check on the basis that you want a history showing how good you are and not just having a record of a bad outcome.

cav551:
I don’t see why you are not entitled to ask the DVSA for your ‘contact’ history. If they query anything just mention your concerns. At the end of the day you are one of their customers. I guess that you have customers who request an audit into your operation occasionally.

Alternatively if appearing on the radar bothers you, then since this Forum is run by the trade Press perhaps the topic might be due an investigation. I am sure that operators who buy the magazines will read the article with interest, and particularly so if it reveals that the job is not being done properly.

I could ask, though like many, I suspect, I prefer not to nudge them. I’ll be happy with this PG35 being issued at the time of the pull.

Simple thing to do is log in on your Vosa/Dvsa page and request and then print your “Encounters” that will tell you every stop you have had and the outcome.

Trucky Mc truckface:
Simple thing to do is log in on your Vosa/Dvsa page and request and then print your “Encounters” that will tell you every stop you have had and the outcome.

That’s the problem though, they send you on your way with no faults, but its not recorded on your record.
Job creation I suspect, if every vehicle stop recorded has a fault to it, the road side enforcement is justified, perhaps having a lot of clear passes shown each day, the road side enforcement could be looked at for cost saving cuts?

pig pen:

Trucky Mc truckface:

That’s the problem though, they send you on your way with no faults, but its not recorded on your record.
Job creation I suspect, if every vehicle stop recorded has a fault to it, the road side enforcement is justified, perhaps having a lot of clear passes shown each day, the road side enforcement could be looked at for cost saving cuts?

I’ll have a look on Monday Trucky, though I am wondering if pigpen might be right.

Where is this Green, Orange & Red thing

SHYTOT:
Where is this Green, Orange & Red thing

You have to request a password and a log in username thingy from DVSA which is sent in two seperate letters. Really. You can then log in and see your score and whatever has contributed to that score.

You then have to eat the two letters and promise on the life of your firstborn not to reveal those codes. I may have exaggerated slightly there.

Every stop should contribute to your score, i know one firm that memo’s its drivers to volontarily drive into a dvsa station if they ever fall into the orange or red, to get them back into the green.

Concretejim:
Every stop should contribute to your score, i know one firm that memo’s its drivers to volontarily drive into a dvsa station if they ever fall into the orange or red, to get them back into the green.

:smiley: I can see the logic…not sure I’d want to do it, just in case they turned up something unexpected! :open_mouth:

Concretejim:

Wouldn`t that make them look twice?
Bluff?
Double Bluff??

As the song says:
“Little does she know,
But I know,
That she knows,
That I know,
She`s two timing me” ?

(Kursall Flyers)

pig pen:

Trucky Mc truckface:

But on the other hand recording a check proves they are doing something fault or not [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk