Paid advertisement on a fleet? Worthwhile?

I was scrolling Facebook just the other day and seen someone has posted about paying fleet operators to advertise on curtainsiders and box trailers. It says £1,200 p/a or more of a short term advertisement. Curtain/box printing cost covered. Does anyone here do that? Is it worth it or is it a lot of messing about? And do you have any problems with customers complaining about advertising for such and such a company while delivering to them? Thanks in advance.

If you do food factory’s, that are nut free, you don’t want to be advertising, KP peanuts.
Ask what the advert is for, and for how long,.

biggriffin:
If you do food factory’s, that are nut free, you don’t want to be advertising, KP peanuts.
Ask what the advert is for, and for how long,.

Of course not, was just looking to see if anyone on here had done it and if they had any advice about going to an advertising company or if there were any companies that you can go to that deal with it in house for better rates, £1,200 isn’t a lot of money for to run about advertising for the year

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Are there any conditions about keeping it clean, I’d wonder?
Who pays if a clever little Herbert paints a moustache on your advert for lipstick?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

There could potentially be conflicts of interests. I once read through Morrison’s guidelines to suppliers (yes, I was bored :stuck_out_tongue: ) and the very first item in their Terms and Conditions states that they will refuse entry to any vehicle which carries a rival supermarket’s livery.

I was thinking about something similar but going direct to the advertised business. I was also thinking that given that local newspaper advertising in Sheffield is about £500 a day that offering it out at £4k + VAT for the year, four year minimum contract and all fees included would be A) a reasonable deal for a company with a marketing budget and b) a very good way to pay off a brand new trailer over four years.

I wouldn’t do it for £1200. Its worth more with my logo on the side.

Harry Monk:
There could potentially be conflicts of interests. I once read through Morrison’s guidelines to suppliers (yes, I was bored [emoji14] ) and the very first item in their Terms and Conditions states that they will refuse entry to any vehicle which carries a rival supermarket’s livery.

Think that’s why we got:
“In assoc with Tesco”
removed from our highcubes!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:
There could potentially be conflicts of interests. I once read through Morrison’s guidelines to suppliers (yes, I was bored :stuck_out_tongue: ) and the very first item in their Terms and Conditions states that they will refuse entry to any vehicle which carries a rival supermarket’s livery.

Interesting you saying that, warburtons collect hovis bread.

Hovis office bods must love watching warburtons wagons running in and out of there yard.

Concretejim:

Harry Monk:

Hovis office bods must love watching warburtons wagons running in and out of there yard.

are you sure ■■

we had them coming in to Avonmouth and it was to drop off baskets and pick up the odd baskets that were picked up that were theirs,
also the reason you would see Coop in Tesco Avonmouth picking up trays that are taken int norbits for cleaning.

nick2008:

Concretejim:

Harry Monk:

are you sure ■■

we had them coming in to Avonmouth and it was to drop off baskets and pick up the odd baskets that were picked up that were theirs,
also the reason you would see Coop in Tesco Avonmouth picking up trays that are taken int norbits for cleaning.

Yep, for iceland stores iirc.

Knew of a company collecting brand new fridges for Sainsbury’s. Loaded them with goods for Tesco. They refused delivery at the RDC and the loads were transferred onto different trailers for delivery.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Buses have carried adverts for years, but you would need to be selective. Durex condom livery to Mothercare or Rome.

The local bus company advertise holidays abroad. It has India on all the tyres.

Dragons Den tonight answers the question :slight_smile:

Trucky Mc truckface:
Dragons Den tonight answers the question :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up [emoji106] they charge £5000 for one truck, costs them £1500 to wrap it… And pay the haulier £1000…

Back doors seem more reasonable. £500 a year for a long running campaign and more if they keep changing the wrap.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

nsmith1180:
Back doors seem more reasonable. £500 a year for a long running campaign and more if they keep changing the wrap.

Just found a guy for the very same company mentioned above… “We pay you up to £300 per truck per month and with our most popular packages being 10 trucks for 3 months would see you and/or your business generate £9000.” Now that sort of money would go some way to paying the lease for a trailer…

AlexBarclay:

nsmith1180:

Just found a guy for the very same company mentioned above… “We pay you up to £300 per truck per month and with our most popular packages being 10 trucks for 3 months would see you and/or your business generate £9000.” Now that sort of money would go some way to paying the lease for a trailer…

Your bound to like those kinda figures Smithy lad!!![emoji106][emoji6]

Big Truck:

AlexBarclay:

nsmith1180:

Your bound to like those kinda figures Smithy lad!!![emoji106][emoji6]

You just need to make sure with your client that you’re okay to advertise other companies… Can’t imagine Tesco would be happy on store deliveries advertising Amazon or something because it would go viral straight away these days [emoji23]

DHL advertising KFC