MAN TGX 26.440 (owner's opinions)

Hello,
part from the Renault Premium, which I’m pretty convinced to buy, I’m also considering MAN TGX 26.440 either form 2012 (they start from £9k but are NON AS BLUE - does that matter a lot?) or 2013 they start from £13k - so similar to Renault Premium.
Do you recon that MAN can also be a good first time buy? Or shall I just stick to Renault Premium (my budget is up to £15k)
Kind regards.

DO NOT BUY A TGX WITH EGR FITTED

thats all you need to know, adblue is fine but please give the Egr engines a miss

Didn’t someone have to lay out £8,000 for a new exhaust system for one?

Harry Monk:
Didn’t someone have to lay out £8,000 for a new exhaust system for one?

…well it’s going to be renault premium after all then :smiley:
Run it for 1-2 years and then fingers cross I’ll lease a brand new one :smiley:

chaversdad:
DO NOT BUY A TGX WITH EGR FITTED

thats all you need to know, adblue is fine but please give the Egr engines a miss

This is all the info you need. Euro 5 440 EGR engines are shocking. There are some 440 scr motors about that you may be able to find cheap as they’ve all been tarred with the EGR engines reputation.

Just paid 23k for 13reg 330k on the clock with full MAN warranty,new tyres and MOT better then second hand!!!

ecojerry:
Just paid 23k for 13reg 330k on the clock with full MAN warranty,new tyres and MOT better then second hand!!!

Did you buy it from main dealer?
Where abouts if that isn’t classified

Would look for a 480,
As I found the 440 struggled a bit when heavy.

We cut lease short for twenty 2015 TGX440s for new TGX480s Dec2016 as fuel usage wasn’t good.

The 2012 TGX480s we had were best on Fuel and some bought after 3yr lease and used in “local” fleet.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Driver Pete:

ecojerry:

Did you buy it from main dealer?
Where abouts if that isn’t classified

Yep MAN Ripley HRVS GROUP

how do i find out which TGX got EGR?

LL79:
how do i find out which TGX got EGR?

If it’s not got add blue it’s deffo got EGR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

95% of the 440,s were EGR , They are that bad dealers are ringing customers up and offering to clear any negative equity and take them back just to get them off the road, the deal they offered us to put it in against a new one was almost unbelievable, my time with Mans are up after 4 though, DAF for me next

ok…was not this sorted by MAN recal?
Can have 2011 TGX (dont know engine code but with adBlue) of my friend who owns it for 2years with no problems whatsoever. Clean truck 520k ish…

LL79:
ok…was not this sorted by MAN recal?
Can have 2011 TGX (dont know engine code but with adBlue) of my friend who owns it for 2years with no problems whatsoever. Clean truck 520k ish…

If its adblue then you have no problem

If its adblue then you have no problem
[/quote]
good news thanks