Owner driver tacho card download and analysing

Hi Guys, when it comes to tacho cards (both driver and operator) I assume that you have to download it like anywhere else. However, do you have to send it daily for analyses? What equipment do you use? What software do you use? What is the best option?

Speak to the girls at the FTA shop. They sell a system which is ideal for O/D use. I think it costs around £260.
You need to download your card every 28 days at least, and the vehicle unit every 90 (I think).
You are not obliged to have the information analysed, but you must store it on a memory card (which is part of the kit, as is a disc which installs the system to your laptop) and keep the information for at least 13? months.
The FTA offers an analysis service which is very easy and cheap to use, you simply export the data from your laptop to their system and they will provide a report.
As I say, you don’t have to do it by law, but, as a new operator, it will look as though you are taking compliance (how I hate that word) seriously.

Just got into a habit of downloading mine every sat moring, take the memory card out of the dongle, plug it in the laptop , saves it to easytach and job done

Thank you.

I have also found this software online which I think is quite cheap and simple tachomaster.co.uk/
and here is the card reader for £59
tachomaster.co.uk/supplies.php

Please share your thoughts

chaversdad:
Just got into a habit of downloading mine every sat moring, take the memory card out of the dongle, plug it in the laptop , saves it to easytach and job done

Oh dear, driver, on a Saturday. That will be other work I fear. Whats that? You give it a wash then also? A reduced rest every weekend? No No No. Prepare to bend over and take it like a man!!
You’re doomed.

Driver Pete:
Thank you.

I have also found this software online which I think is quite cheap and simple tachomaster.co.uk/
and here is the card reader for £59
tachomaster.co.uk/supplies.php

Please share your thoughts

The card reader on its own is no use. You need to be able to download the vehicle unit also.
As you can see, there’s a bit more money involved in the VU reader.
Tip. Avoid anything that uses batteries.
I’ve tried a few systems and found the Easy tach (FTA) one to be the best overall.

Old John:

chaversdad:

Oh dear, driver, on a Saturday. That will be other work I fear. Whats that? You give it a wash then also? A reduced rest every weekend? No No No. Prepare to bend over and take it like a man!!
You’re doomed.

Not at all, always finished by 9am and never start until 6am on a monday morning :wink:

The card reader on its own is no use. You need to be able to download the vehicle unit also.
As you can see, there’s a bit more money involved in the VU reader.
Tip. Avoid anything that uses batteries.
I’ve tried a few systems and found the Easy tach (FTA) one to be the best overall.
[/quote]
Thank you. I thought the vehicle will come off the operator card and can be downloaded that way, now I know I was wrong.
I’m gonna give FTA a call.

I bought the “Driver Edition” pack from TachoTek, does everything you need.

chaversdad:

Old John:

chaversdad:

You’re doomed.

Not at all, always finished by 9am and never start until 6am on a monday morning :wink:

Crack on driver, crack on :bulb: