2006 Daf XF with intarder has water in the transmission

Hey guys sorry if ive posted this in the wrong thread. Im pretty fresh on this site. So my daf has water in the transmission and transmission oil in the coolant which tells me there is a problem around the intarder area. Can anyone tell if there is a common fault within this area whether it being a gasket or a seal or the cooler itself■■? Cheers

See if you can PM somebody called Norb, I think he’s a DAF truck mechanic.

muckles:
See if you can PM somebody called Norb, I think he’s a DAF truck mechanic.

Thanks mate

Norb will definitely be of help, as will others.
I drove one of these and had the same symptoms. 8 yrs old and 900k km needed a replacement heat exchanger.
Good luck.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

The flow rate of oil and coolant through the heat exchanger will be significant when the intarder is operating. Getting oil out of the engine cooling system is a time consuming task which will be made harder the longer rectification is left, with the greater chance of long term and expensive damage. The same applies to coolant contamination of the transmission oil. There is no telling when complete failure may occur with the potential for either system to drain completely.

Yea thanks, just wanna see whats involved in pulling the cooler off and if im going to open up a can of worms, hopefully I hear from Norb soon, cheers.