Renault Premium (owner opinions)

we have one here ,it hasn’t been trouble free 560,000kms at present ,
broken wires , water pump, window wiper linkage ,you have to buy complete with motor , window regulator , water header tank ,now needs an intercooer,
this is a one driver truck that is never ran at more than 38t , oily engine in them too , they are cheap as chips for a reason , would I buy another , probably yes total cost of ownership is still ok , if I was starting up on my own I would take a chance on one , £13-£14k will buy you one with 350,00k on it run it for a year and do your sums again , what could you loose , we have daf Scania Volvo and Iveco and the only thing in the yard that beats the premium in running costs is ,Iveco . we can run Iveco 450 -460 bhp here to 1million kms not something I can see the 460 Renault stretching too neither engine or cab ,
our work probably isn’t typical of most peoples as stated 38t max never see a motorway and plenty of b roads ,
as previous poster said the 13lt Volvo in the t cab will be my next Renault , 13lt well on top of the job in the Volvo but the Volvo is plagued by wiring faults again something that may be down to the nature of our work on bad roads .