Operator CPC Courses With DCPC Recommendations / Suggestions

I want to put someone through an operator CPC course (and hopefully pass the exam) and have really only found these 3 alternatives, 2 are reasonably local to us (North Wales) and could be done with daily travel, the Novadata one is in Essex. Seems quite a difference in the pricing , we are not RHA or FTA members and and I wonder if anybody had any knowledge or experience of any of these they would like to share. I like the idea of getting the 35 hours DCPC rolled in as that will save some time in the future.

FTA Liverpool £1688-25 EXC VAT but includes free second exam entry if you need it.

RHA Wolverhampton £1305-45 Exc VAT

Novadata Essex £1348-50 Exc VAT

All 3 include the 35 hours DCPC

I started to organise this last year and got the lead to Novadata on here but time went by and and it did not get done, but this time it must be done.

Just to add, we are not RHA or FTA members, and are unlikely to go down that path as haulage for others is a small part of our work, but a part we would like to keep.

I did mine end of last year with the RHA in peterborough. I was very impressed with the course itself, but not impressed with the office and communication.

Remember RHA is OCRS notes based, i believe this is the norm. ( please correct me if im wrong)

FTA is there own course entirely and city and guilds certified. Apparently its quite different to the ocrs notes based courses.

On a side note i have a set of OCRS notes(home study pack) and loads of past exam papers including multiple choice to sell if anyones interested.

Concretejim:
I did mine end of last year with the RHA in peterborough. I was very impressed with the course itself, but not impressed with the office and communication.

Remember RHA is OCRS notes based, i believe this is the norm. ( please correct me if im wrong)

FTA is there own course entirely and city and guilds certified. Apparently its quite different to the ocrs notes based courses.

On a side note i have a set of OCRS notes(home study pack) and loads of past exam papers including multiple choice to sell if anyones interested.

Thanks for that. I think you are right about the course differences, I had read that somewhere else.

Concretejim:

I have sent you a pm mate.

manski:
I want to put someone through an operator CPC course (and hopefully pass the exam) and have really only found these 3 alternatives, 2 are reasonably local to us (North Wales) and could be done with daily travel, the Novadata one is in Essex.

Hi manski,

This company are within your travel range, so maybe you might give them a rin:

Driverlink Training (NW) Ltd,
Unity House, Westwood Park
Wigan
WN3 4HE

Phone: 01942 826133

I’ve no idea of price or whether DCPC is/can be included, so you’d have to ask.

I hope this helps. :smiley:

manski:
I want to put someone through an operator CPC course (and hopefully pass the exam) and have really only found these 3 alternatives, 2 are reasonably local to us (North Wales) and could be done with daily travel, the Novadata one is in Essex. Seems quite a difference in the pricing , we are not RHA or FTA members and and I wonder if anybody had any knowledge or experience of any of these they would like to share. I like the idea of getting the 35 hours DCPC rolled in as that will save some time in the future.

FTA Liverpool £1688-25 EXC VAT but includes free second exam entry if you need it.

RHA Wolverhampton £1305-45 Exc VAT

Novadata Essex £1348-50 Exc VAT

All 3 include the 35 hours DCPC

I started to organise this last year and got the lead to Novadata on here but time went by and and it did not get done, but this time it must be done.

Just to add, we are not RHA or FTA members, and are unlikely to go down that path as haulage for others is a small part of our work, but a part we would like to keep.

I used NOVADATA in Braintree many times and they are brilliant. I’m actually gonna do Operator CPC with them too

dieseldave:
I hope this helps. :smiley:

[/quote]
Thanks for that, will definitely contact them.

Driver Pete:
I used NOVADATA in Braintree many times and they are brilliant. I’m actually gonna do Operator CPC with them too

Thanks for the recommendation, if they were 40 miles away would not be a problem but the travel / accommodation makes the total cost, in time and money, over the top for us.

I can strongly reccommend The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport. Take a look at their website.

Look up Chevron Training, based Chester/ North Wales area.
Can offer 35 hours alongside the course, guarantee good tuition.
John

chevmac:
Look up Chevron Training, based Chester/ North Wales area.
Can offer 35 hours alongside the course, guarantee good tuition.
John

Thanks for that John. Would use you, as we have done in the past for lots of things :slight_smile: but your dates do not fit for us. August / September is too busy for us and November is too late to use DCPC credits. I don’t think you are running a February course, unless I misunderstood Hannah.
Leave you to work out who we are :laughing: