Dashcams

Regarding dashcams…

Who is using what? Any reccomendations?

I know nothing about setting up such things but have had nitehawk and these cheapo £40 type things ,have to get the Mrs to do it for me but all have ended under the back wheels ,now got a halfords one about £100 ,all that bothers me is it doesn’t beep at me and the record symbol stays on and I never have to touch it .

Steve H:
Regarding dashcams…

Who is using what? Any reccomendations?

Don’t bother with cheep ones. You really want Next Base one. I got one from halfords for £99.00 halfords.com/technology/dash … -cam-312gw
Brilliant quality day and night and when you want to submit footage to police (I did) it has got a gps tracking that shows you exactly where it happened on google maps. Wide angle and simple to use. I got it on offer with 16gb memory card and the beaming lease (worth investing in if the offer is no longer available)

Our insurer (Allianz) have reccommended these as weapon of choice… seems a bit expensive to me :frowning:

https://www.thebestbrands.co.uk/blackvue-dr650s-1ch-16gb-dashcam-dash-camera-sony-cmos.html

Next base has got vider angle of 140 degree and Essex police was very happy with the quality, gps location and speed indication on the video (you can always switch the speed indication off). I personally would not spend 200 quid on dashcam.

Steve H:
Our insurer (Allianz) have reccommended these as weapon of choice… seems a bit expensive to me :frowning:

https://www.thebestbrands.co.uk/blackvue-dr650s-1ch-16gb-dashcam-dash-camera-sony-cmos.html

Got to build in a little kickback… :wink:

Driver Pete:
I personally would not spend 200 quid on dashcam.

Me neither, but then again some folk are happy to pay £200+ on a sat nav. One of them devices could potentially keep you out of trouble whilst the other could potentially get you into a whole world of trouble.

I’ve fitted a few different ones over the years, I currently use the blackvue dr650s. They are very reliable and reliability is the main problem with these things. You don’t want to have a truck involved in a no fault accident and find there’s no proof.