Cabotage Laws EU

This subject is very serious for anybody hauling over the water and is a question that nobody is asking at the moment .
The reason for this is we dont know what will be agreed so we dont even know what should be asked but it effects all of us

When we leave the EU it may be a different job altogether for those that go into Europe .
This will also be a challenge for the republic of Ireland company’s That have to explain in Calais that they have just taken their freight though a non EU country . This maybe a bargaining chip for the UK in order for existing custom agreements to stay in place ! This may also mean that we still offer the same access to EU trucks still . So dont think your vote to leave will stop that :slight_smile:

What I am saying is . Is that is time for owners / companies to start asking more questions .
The RHA called on the government to agree a comprehensive land transport agreement some 8 months ago . How much notice they will take at the moment we dont know but it would be nice to see more concerned being aired over this

jeremy hawke know thats a name from the past

burnley-si:

Simon from Burnley :exclamation:

I remember you ! Wonderful to come across you again . Happy New Year !

And I still have C15 s :slight_smile:

burnley-si:

Right dodgy ■■■■■■ from the past

JEREMY HAWKE:
This will also be a challenge for the republic of Ireland company’s That have to explain in Calais that they have just taken their freight though a non EU country .

I’m not so sure there’d need to be any explaining because the situation faced by a ROI haulier landing in France after transiting a non-EU UK would be similar to somebody taking freight through France to Italy via non-EU Switzerland.

As for cabotage, I think we’d possibly end up going back to bi-lateral agreements.

It’s probably going to get quite interesting for those operating vehicles **>**3.5t though.

sheep1:

burnley-si:

Right dodgy [zb] from the past

X2 :imp:

It’s not just Cabotage that questions need asking about, anybody who operates trucks into the rest of the EU needs to know what systems will be in place when we leave the EU.

muckles:
It’s not just Cabotage that questions need asking about, anybody who operates trucks into the rest of the EU needs to know what systems will be in place when we leave the EU.

Answers on the back of a postcard please.
All answers are (Schrodinger`s cat alike) equally valid at the moment so everyone is a winner! :smiley:

A WARD:

sheep1:

burnley-si:

Is there a story here?? Anything we are allowed to know about? :open_mouth: :wink:

bullitt:

A WARD:

sheep1:

burnley-si:

Is there a story here?? Anything we are allowed to know about? :open_mouth: :wink:

hell ya, im shocked how hes still typing and talking

just google his name and all will become clear. :unamused:

Jeremy Hawkes you’re saying we won’t have access to EU trucks. What is wrong with an ERF or a Bedford!!■■

m.a.n rules:
just google his name and all will become clear. :unamused:

Ahh yes, see what you mean now! :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: