Fuel Card Providers

Morning.

Long time since I’ve been on here due to becoming disillusioned by the standard and quality of questions being asked by so called “professionals!”

I’m now wanting to pick the brains of fellow owner drivers to find out what fuel card providers they use and what your currently paying for your diesel this week please? I’ve been quoted 104.02 (+vat) by UK fuels while a mate of mine running one truck has 98.6 from the same provider? It’s come to the time where I need to start shopping about for diesel cards again instead of being ripped off and was hoping for some help from you lads.

Cheers,
Matt.

U tried key fuels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dannyboy84:
U tried key fuels

No I’ve not tried anyone yet mate just trying to get an idea of what people are paying with their various cards before I start ringing round. Do you use KeyFuels?

xfmatt:
Morning.

Long time since I’ve been on here due to becoming disillusioned by the standard and quality of questions being asked by so called “professionals!”

I’m now wanting to pick the brains of fellow owner drivers to find out what fuel card providers they use and what your currently paying for your diesel this week please? I’ve been quoted 104.02 (+vat) by UK fuels while a mate of mine running one truck has 98.6 from the same provider? It’s come to the time where I need to start shopping about for diesel cards again instead of being ripped off and was hoping for some help from you lads.

Cheers,
Matt.

Thats steep Matt, ive got 98.07 for this week, but that was after a bit of rolling about in the mud this morning…

Is the UKF via their own card, or a “partner” ?

Ive been getting some decent prices off BWOC, but their terms are 7 days which isnt helpful :unamused:

My UKF card is through DPG [Diesel Price Guarantee], which I think is their own brand amongst others.

They tell me its all down to credit risk, volume and track record on the payment front, have you “wobbled” in the past ?

They will hold it against you, if you have :cry:

You can`t win with them though, if you are busy, you are using too much, and if you are quiet, they need to cover their costs and ramp up the price :smiling_imp:

You need to watch the small print on any new card you manage to get, there are a few who have minimum usage and card charges which can ■■■■ up your costings if you dont spot them :blush:~~ ~~Good luck, and dont trust any of the shysters :wink:

Stanley Mitchell:

xfmatt:
Morning.

Cheers,
Matt.

Thats steep Matt, ive got 98.07 for this week, but that was after a bit of rolling about in the mud this morning…

Is the UKF via their own card, or a “partner” ?

Ive been getting some decent prices off BWOC, but their terms are 7 days which isnt helpful :unamused:

My UKF card is through DPG [Diesel Price Guarantee], which I think is their own brand amongst others.

They tell me its all down to credit risk, volume and track record on the payment front, have you “wobbled” in the past ?

They will hold it against you, if you have :cry:

You can`t win with them though, if you are busy, you are using too much, and if you are quiet, they need to cover their costs and ramp up the price :smiling_imp:

You need to watch the small print on any new card you manage to get, there are a few who have minimum usage and card charges which can ■■■■ up your costings if you dont spot them :blush:~~ ~~Good luck, and dont trust any of the shysters :wink:
[/quote]
I was a DPG customer but I don’t think they actually exist anymore as all prices for that account now come through from UK Fuels. I have my UKF and Shell card with them but I’ve rung them to complain this morning and they’ve knocked the price back to 101.02 but still steep compared to others I’ve spoken to.
I’ve been in business 6 years now and never defaulted on any payments and never had any negative credit ratings holding me back so part of me thinks they’re just trying it on to see what they can get out of me but I’ve started shopping around and will cancel their cards if they can’t be more competitive.
Matt.

I got told this morning, that the “bosses” hadn’t been very competitive with this weeks initial quote, and last weeks was even worse because my normal account manager was off for Christmas…

I put 99% of last weeks usage through another card, it seemed to do the trick, as they answered my complaint quite quickly this morning.

My invoice still has a DPG branded header, so they are still pushing it :unamused:

Personally, I wouldn’t cancel their card~~, as you have more ammo to play with against all the others.~~
And, when you start using another card, they will be back for sure :wink:
How long have you had your present account manager ?
I`ve had good ones, indifferent ones and clueless ones over the years, maybe a change of face is needed ?

Iv got ukf matt 99.80 this week dont bother with morgans they dont send me prices anymore because i didnt use them they wouldnt budge on the price they send on a friday

divemaster:
Iv got ukf matt 99.80 this week dont bother with morgans they dont send me prices anymore because i didnt use them they wouldnt budge on the price they send on a friday

Harvest went all dopey as well, they couldnt understand why I wasnt using their card, when it was a good 2ppl more expensive :unamused:

They have a new account manager now, so their prices have started to come through again, but still too expensive :open_mouth:

Stanley Mitchell:
My invoice still has a DPG branded header, so they are still pushing it :unamused:

I`ve had good ones, indifferent ones and clueless ones over the years, maybe a change of face is needed ?

Yes I must admit the invoice does still come through as DPG. I’ve had umpteen account managers due to the fact people kept leaving/changing department. It was almost fortnightly at one point that a new account manager would ring to introduce themselves without me even knowing the previous one had left!

Matt.

xfmatt:

Stanley Mitchell:

Yes I must admit the invoice does still come through as DPG. I’ve had umpteen account managers due to the fact people kept leaving/changing department. It was almost fortnightly at one point that a new account manager would ring to introduce themselves without me even knowing the previous one had left!

Matt.

I had three last year, two good and one indifferent :open_mouth:

Bp 98.9
Ukfuels 99.8

Tbh i find myself using Fuelgenie mostly as i pass a Morisssons every other day with a Hgv pump and my tanks hold 700 litres so i only fill up twice a week, plus FG are monthly billing

chaversdad:
Bp 98.9
Ukfuels 99.8

Tbh i find myself using Fuelgenie mostly as i pass a Morisssons every other day with a Hgv pump and my tanks hold 700 litres so i only fill up twice a week, plus FG are monthly billing

Thanks for that, I`ve made an application, lets see how enthusiastic they are for my business :wink:

Is there a list available of the HGV pumps at the supermarkets, my local ASDA was the cheapest last week, but I`d need to visit when they were quiet :laughing:

Someone else asked that a while back and people chipped in with the sites they knew, im not sure theres an official list as such, im not to bad as heading north (from mbro) i use Darlington and if i have a rare venture south i use the Morrisons over the motorway from the stockyard at Rotherham, both of which have dedicated Hgv pumps

chaversdad:
Someone else asked that a while back and people chipped in with the sites they knew, im not sure theres an official list as such, im not to bad as heading north (from mbro) i use Darlington and if i have a rare venture south i use the Morrisons over the motorway from the stockyard at Rotherham, both of which have dedicated Hgv pumps

On my Fuelmate card on UK Fuels network I get charged an extra 3ppl on top of my regular price if i use a Morrison’s filling station??

xfmatt:

chaversdad:

On my Fuelmate card on UK Fuels network I get chef Ges an extra 3ppl on top of my regular price if i use a Morrison’s filling station??

I get the same on my UK fuels branded card from UK fuels.
I have a shell and esso cards from fuel card services, and uk fuels, Texaco fastfuel, and esso from uk fuels, all are over 101ppl this week, and have been rising steadily every week for the last 6/8 weeks.
We had been using both suppliers, butthe week before Christmas and this week using just one card brand and supplier, hopefully the other supplier may sharpen their pencil a bit with Fridays price.

According to the financial press, be prepared to have your pants totally removed in the coming weeks :open_mouth:

If the unrest in Iran goes “full-On”, the oil supply from there will be compromised and obviously the chancers who are sitting on billions of ltrs of oil from anywhere will use it to pump up the price…#nothingtodowithbrexit :unamused:

The best price I’ve come up with so far whilst ringing round is through Esso. Now, they say you can use the Esso card at 1100 Esso garages, 1250 BP garages and 1000 Shell garages. Is this true? I’ve never seen any signs in BP/Shell to state that you can use an Esso card? Also with an Esso card you can collect Tesco club card points but I presume there is a cap on how many points per transaction when filling up HGV’s?

Matt

You wont see esso’s name but if they do things the same as in europe you have to look for the red squiggly line with a yellow background which kind of looks like a M.

If in doubt ask BEFORE filling up.

xfmatt:
The best price I’ve come up with so far whilst ringing round is through Esso. Now, they say you can use the Esso card at 1100 Esso garages, 1250 BP garages and 1000 Shell garages. Is this true? I’ve never seen any signs in BP/Shell to state that you can use an Esso card? Also with an Esso card you can collect Tesco club card points but I presume there is a cap on how many points per transaction when filling up HGV’s?

Matt

Our Esso cards which 99% of the time beats the main branded ones by 2ppl, yes we can use them on BP and Shell, but are charged at pump price, so worth carrying alternatives :wink:

UK Fuels are good to me, got them down to 0.99 a litre this week after a bit of haggling. The account manager is a good chap too, with great taste in cars!

Just got my BWOC card today, they are saying 0.993 a litre for next week, UK Fuels are at 0.9992 but will usually knock a penny off at least if I ask nicely and talk RX-8 for a while.

I did have two cards with fuel card services but chopped em up when they started screwing me over.

I thought about Fuelgenie but its all pump price and if I’m going to pay pump price i’d rather pay debit card, at least that way its easier to keep track of whats been spent, because its already gone out.