Traction next week

One of my old agencies is asking for traction next week out of Staffs area. Monday to Saturday. Am starts. Needs Anderson cable. £500 a day. Im committed for next week so can’t help but if anyone else can drop me a pm and I’ll put you in touch.

Admins. I hope this doesn’t breach rules. I’m not making anything off this, just trying to help out a friend and put some members onto some work. If I’ve transgressed it was accidental. No harm intended.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

It’s also been on BookFace.

Ken.

nsmith1180:
… No harm intended.

No harm done, and thanks for respecting the forum rules. :smiley:

You didn’t name them, so it invites PMs from those who may be interested.

Is 500 a day classed as good ?

chaversdad:

About norm even better if your not knocking mileage

nick2008:

chaversdad:

About norm even better if your not knocking mileage

Its less than we get for weekend traction for one of the big boys, and with mileage @ 137 miles for the shift yesterday, I`m all for it :laughing:

I wasnt knocking nsmiths offer btw, i was genuinely curious if people who run there own trucks think 500 is good enough for a day, when i first started 400 a day or 2k a week was my target but now im looking for 3k a week to be happy

chaversdad:
I wasnt knocking nsmiths offer btw, i was genuinely curious if people who run there own trucks think 500 is good enough for a day, when i first started 400 a day or 2k a week was my target but now im looking for 3k a week to be happy

Yep, £3k and less than 1500 miles a week keeps the wolf from the door :laughing:

Stanley Mitchell:

chaversdad:

Yep, £3k and less than 1500 miles a week keeps the wolf from the door [emoji38]

2k a week keeps me fed. 2.5k a week keeps me in steak. That’s based on 450km a day too.

3k a week for 400km a day on store deliveries, keeps me in caviar, just annoying that I’m pre-booked up to Feb.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Just an observation on the figures and the ‘big boys’ with no further knowledge of any deal. It can be 4k a week but if you ain’t getting it until April or May that mileage figure is going to really matter.

chaversdad:

Everythings relative, imo. Id say its the minimum youd’d want for a 12 hour shift, but wouldnt class it as good.

£500 for max miles would be bad.

£500 for 100 miles could be classed as good.

Although, imo in the week before christmas its bad, you can achieve 3/4 of that as a driver piloting someone elses truck if you know where to go.

cav551:
Just an observation on the figures and the ‘big boys’ with no further knowledge of any deal. It can be 4k a week but if you ain’t getting it until April or May that mileage figure is going to really matter.

We get paid last week of January for this months work, so Im happy with that in addition to the low mileage and no trailer rental.

Its easy work, but your drivers have got to be clued up, if they are awkward and workshy, they will be given the mileage jobs, if they are the opposite, they get the short distance stuff or a backhaul job, which is classed as two jobs…boom, get in :wink:

Browns transport are near Stoke, give them a call .

Id love to have £500 a day subcontracting…

There’s sub contractors currently bringing in between £3000-£4000 per week all year round,doing roughly about 700 miles a week, which I thought was one of the better deals out there, not advertised in the back of magazines.

TheYoungTrucker:
There’s sub contractors currently bringing in between £3000-£4000 per week all year round,doing roughly about 700 miles a week, which I thought was one of the better deals out there, not advertised in the back of magazines.

Think most people would rip your arm of for that, me included.

Obviously the ■■■■ jobs get advertised and the good ones dont and everyone whos doing them keeps quiet so no one takes it away. Understandable.

TheYoungTrucker:

Feel free to DM me YT, I`m always looking for something better :laughing:

TheYoungTrucker:

Don’t believe for 1minute that is general or frigo or reg flat loads!!!

Must be niche lowloader/tanker or car transporter work for those rates!!!
£4.78- £5.71mile!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

the weeks before xmas mine where doing £600 day rate 6 days

Stanley Mitchell:

TheYoungTrucker:

Feel free to DM me YT, I`m always looking for something better :laughing:

make that me as well please :grimacing: :grimacing: