Ferguson’s Transport Spean Bridge Ltd

The above Scottish haulier is advertising for sub contractors in Commercial Motor,does anyone know if they have picked up new work,or the reason why they want subbies they would appear to run 80+vehicles

Fergusons seems to have major problems retaining drivers and sub contractors. The turnover of drivers is remarkable, and subbies never seem to stay for long.
I don’t really know why, as, on the face of it, it doesn’t seem such a bad job. Good gear, lots of work and absolutely by the book as far as I know.
If you have a few trucks , stick one on with them and see how it goes. From what people tell me they are struggling to get through the work just now, and it might be a good time to get a decent deal.

Fort William to Carlisle was the last job i did for them and it payed £335 They have lots of work out of Corpach and while its nice now and again i.m not sure i would want to be pulling out of there all the time

I’ve never done anything for them, but have heard that the money isn’t good.
Someone I know took sawn timber out of Corpach a while back which was two drops in Birmingham area, I think it paid barely six hundred.
Pretty poor when you can get five fifty for roundwood from that area to Workington. Maybe if you are on a dedicated basis it’s better.
They seem to have a lot of ADR work north out of I think Warrington, ISO tanks on skelly up to the north west of Scotland.

Tried to load me out of Invergordon for Corpach but that roads bad enough empty never mind loaded for 200 quid

Their drug and alchol is (alegedly) so strict you wouldn’t risk sucking on a wine gum or taking an aspirin, and yes I know the firm …

Going back 20+ years, we used to backload from them with paper…very good rates and “on the nail” payments…

A mate of mine has replied to their advert, but nothing has come of it yet, and he has had to chase them :open_mouth:

Apparently, they are sifting through the applications :wink: