Lease term

Have recently taken over as TM at a company, delivering their own goods. 5 of their trucks are on lease on a four year contract. Now i’m asking this before reading the paperwork, but how easy is it to get out of a lease and what penalties would I incur?

Tia

You’ll need to read the contracts Jimmy. I know that sounds flippant, but seriously every contract will be different, so you can’t get a definitive answer without posting the agreements for the vehicles.

Jimmy McNulty:
Have recently taken over as TM at a company, delivering their own goods. 5 of their trucks are on lease on a four year contract. Now i’m asking this before reading the paperwork, but how easy is it to get out of a lease and what penalties would I incur?

Tia

In a word, difficult :blush:

Have they been bent over by any chance ?

I`ve got a customer with their own kit, the “chancer” who is in control of purchasing seems to think he is “wonderman” with their money…epic failure on their prices for very basic kit… :unamused:

bentover.org

Not neccesarily been bent over but think having half the fleet tied into a lease for four years gives very little room for negotiation + they aren’t suitable for some of the work we do, we can get by but could be better.

Again by year 2.5/3 going to be sat on half the fleet potentially ready for expensive repairs etc outside of an r+m contract.

Better get reading then.