Does bad luck move?

I f you are not aware Sean and myself haul for the same company and we sometimes do a double load together or just chat away most of the day on the phone or cb if close enough.

Well Sean was having a run of bad luck whilst I was enjoying a period of good runs and no problems “at least £1.50 a mile”

Since last month I have broken down three times, had over £1800 of damage to my unit, messed about at delivery sites “had the same load on for two days whilst they sorted out where it was to be delivered”. To top it all my trailer control valve which had just been changed went on Thursday afternoon and I sat in Thurrock until Friday at 2.30 when they got a replacement and I was able to get my load.

Can Sean’s bad luck be passing onto me??

Sorry mate

Sorry mate but how was I to know if you got too close to my aura some of it would stick on you.

Close to your what!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Coffeeholic:
Close to your what!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

its sean he’s a jinx i KNOW when ever he has a good week ive had a bad week :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

johna one this is johna 2 hows johna 3 running :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ask him about today Jonah■■? :unamused:

funnyfut:
Ask him about today Jonah■■? :unamused:

It’s a Monday & in my experience they are always as bad if not worse than Fridays :unamused:

I,m having a good week, :astonished: Sean is nowhere near me :wink: :wink:

Until today :wink:

Hi george, i didnt know i thought u joined up with someone else doing spain Barcelona, so whats happened ? and i thought Sean woz with Hanburys !! SO , many changes.

Hi Ady no definately not I would never do containers, besides we get upto £1.46 per mile :smiley: :smiley:

That is when Sean keeps a load on the trailer, have a look on the other forum brown trouser job, how’s it going with you good I hope :wink:

Hi George,
I must admit things have been a bit hard recently, with one person not paying in the agreed time , but has just recently paid some of the bill, one person disappeared (a trucknet member !!!) still owing me, two punctures, two new front hubs, front brakes, two new batterys, night heater packed up, bad export rates, and bills arriving daily, but thats life of the o/d.

I sub contract to a few different companies, some “good rates”, but I’m still looking for that right one, but aren’t we all?

I do mainly Spain but have been to Portugual / Gib. I’ve made a few mistakes but have learnt the hard way, also my budget forecast was way out, but i’ve not borrowed or used overdraft. I’ve factored some of my payments, which has helped a lot.

Took my truck to Volvo at Croydon for an inspection and a couple of repairs, they charged the bargain price of £67 per hour and the bonus of returning my truck in a dirty, greasy state, guess I won’t be going there again!!!

PM if a miracle contract comes up!!!

Ady

topcat:
Took my truck to Volvo at Croydon for an inspection and a couple of repairs, they charged the bargain price of £67 per hour and the bonus of returning my truck in a dirty, greasy state, guess I won’t be going there again!!!

PM if a miracle contract comes up!!!

Ady

Hmm things had started picking up on the customer service front when I started using Volvo Croydon.

BUT

I dropped my lorry in on Friday night for some warranty work (New Microwave/Fridge/Mattress & Drivers seat) a fuel leak from o/s tank & I damaged a suzie.

When I dropped it I asked if it could be as early as poss as my driver was going straight from there to dover & would prefer to get the 12.15 boat.I asked the to ring my driver when the truck was ready (he would then ring me 1/2 hour before getting to mine giving me enough time to shower & get dressed)

I didn’t set my alarm as the phone call was gonna wake me.
I get a call at 10.00 am

(key green is me,blue is my driver & red is Volvo

Have you heard anything from Volvo yet

No have they not rang , whats the time now

Ok let me ring 'em I’ll call you back

Hello Volvo truck & bus south

Service please

speaking

It’s Sean from NSH here can you tell me how long before my lorry is ready

Hold on a minute

five minutes later

We couldn’t get all the jobs done, we’ve managed to replace the suzie and do a tempory repair to the fuel leak by blocking the breather pipe

Is that all?

Yes because you didn’t get here 'til late and we never had time to do the other jobs. It’ll be ready in about 15 mins

I’ll be down in about half an hour

It didn’t occur to me that they had obviously not done anything until I rang 'em after all how long does it take to plug in a suzie and block up the end of a breather pipe.

What annoys me is the fact that they knew I wanted the lorry early in the morning.Fair enough I should’ve been there for 16.00 but didn’t turn up 'til 19.00
so they never had time to do the Microwave & fridge (a process that requires the cupboards to be removed completely) but If that is all they were gonna do could they not have done it earlier and rang around 07.00
I could always re-book the warranty work but I cant get back the lost time from the morning

I get it now G & S Transport ( george& Sean) Also at Volvo Croydon they had a amazing list of faults with truck and trailer , which i got a second opion on , believe it or not , the garage i use said, there where no faults !!! at £67 per hour we all can find fault ,cant we ? Volvo they will be my first choice next time !! (not).
I Havent seen u abroad NSH where do u go ?.. In fact i havent seen george yet, Actually the only people i meet are drivers working for small companies ,I know this sounds bad but i dont acknowledge anybody till i know they are uk, cos so many uk companies use other eu based drivers, but im sure they think the same. And anyway i like “MY” space, if i did’nt i would be home every night with wife and the boy and earning more money driving for the council.

The reason you don’t see Sean or myself is the Woolwich ferry gets very crowded :laughing: :wink:

We don’t go over the water as the contract we are doing pays more than a round trip to Spain etc. :smiley:

If I do see you I will give you a bit of Lights and Music take it easy