Maritime

Anyone bought a truck through Maritime, how’s the contracting through them, worth it or not?

Ring Tom he will have signed up in no time.

Tarmac duck:

Yep, Tom`s the acceptable face of MTL…once you are signed up, you are at the mercy of one of their 20 something wide boys… :open_mouth:

Sharp suits, sharper shoes, and a bad smoking habit…good luck, you will need it :wink:

Stanley Mitchell:

Tarmac duck:

Yep, Tom`s the acceptable face of MTL…once you are signed up, you are at the mercy of one of their 20 something wide boys… :open_mouth:

Sharp suits, sharper shoes, and a bad smoking habit…good luck, you will need it :wink:

Just being nosey, doubt I’ll delve into it tbh :slight_smile:

I know this much, when work is coming in and no issues with truck it’s probably OK, but if turnover isn’t sufficient to put money aside to allow for med to major breakdowns then it will probably turn out to be more along the lines of juice being not worth the squeeze.

There is an O/d in my yard who brought an ex Maritime Bigspace and thinks its a great deal, they are double shifting his wagon for him and everyone is happy but he’s only been doing it for about six months. I wouldn’t touch 'em with a bargepole but thats because I have a similar opinion of the Subbie planner at Leeds as I do of Stobart planners.

nsmith1180:
There is an O/d in my yard who brought an ex Maritime Bigspace and thinks its a great deal, they are double shifting his wagon for him and everyone is happy but he’s only been doing it for about six months. I wouldn’t touch 'em with a bargepole but thats because I have a similar opinion of the Subbie planner at Leeds as I do of Stobart planners.

Six months is a fair trial good luck to him

romik:
Anyone bought a truck through Maritime, how’s the contracting through them, worth it or not?

Buying the most expensive truck and doing the cheapest work with it is never going to be a recipe for success.

Harry Monk:

romik:

Buying the most expensive truck and doing the cheapest work with it is never going to be a recipe for success.

Harry Monk: Saying it like it is for 16004 posts and counting!

Harry Monk:

romik:

Understood and noted. Thanks.

Stanley Mitchell:

Tarmac duck:

Yes very true they seem to clone there office boys it to slick haired yes men,who only seem to talk in “corporate” jargon.
Every office Iv had the misfortune to go in to has looked like an audition for the apprentice tv show

yorkshire terrier:

Stanley Mitchell:

Tarmac duck:

Yes very true they seem to clone there office boys it to slick haired yes men,who only seem to talk in “corporate” jargon.
Every office Iv had the misfortune to go in to has looked like an audition for the apprentice tv show

Sound like failed estate agents

kr79:

yorkshire terrier:

Stanley Mitchell:

Tarmac duck:

Sound like failed estate agents

It’s unreal honestly,must be an awful place to work

I’ve recently started to consider a job with Maritime at their Teesside depot.
For the past 12 years I’ve been employed by the same agency on petrol tankers( on various contracts all over the uk)
As with most agencies, I’m Ltd Co and already have a business account and an accountant.
I’m now out of work(in between contracts, I should say) , and things arn’t looking good. It’s a changing landscape in tanker world and I’ve started thinking that maybe it’s time to stop chasing the money and do something a lot easier?
I already have my National and international CPC and cash in the bank so I imagine getting my own O licence would be a formality.
I’d like to chat with drivers who’ve taken the plunge and bought a truck from Maritime with their guarantee of work.
Would it be a case of ‘buying a job’ or would I be just as well taking a job on Paye?

I work at teesport for Wincanton and I hear nothing but bad things about maritime. It’s always something wrong reference. Or something’s gone ■■■■ up. That’s from there own drivers I don’t know about owner drivers. I know Cleveland LGv brought trucks from them and run doing their work and they seem to do ok out of it I wouldn’t imagine much profit though as I heard they over price their trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Danny, I have a mate who’s been there a couple of years on Paye and he seems happy enough. Just heard this morning that Cleveland LGV has stopped trading(training side is still active) so Maritime are alledgedly flapping, trying to cover that work?

Surely that just illustrates that what Harry said was correct?

Their reputation of being the new Stobarts must tell you something at least…

Dogsbody:
Cheers Danny, I have a mate who’s been there a couple of years on Paye and he seems happy enough. Just heard this morning that Cleveland LGV has stopped trading(training side is still active) so Maritime are alledgedly flapping, trying to cover that work?

Just passed one of theres on the 74 with a box on so they are still doing something

I’ve still seen lgv about to but then that might be why I’m doing loads of maersk boxes lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk