Documentary evidence

Documentary evidence is ten times more valuable than verbal evidence. e.g. a signed defect note is more valuable than, “Well, he said that he had done a walk-round check”

When I am summoned to VOSA or TC, I take a fat file full of letters and photocopies.

But now the game has changed and just about everything is either digitally saved or available on line. The only hard copies are drivers defect notes, weighbridge tickets and a “tick box” form confirming that I have viewed all the relevant documents and files. Somehow it seems less reassuring.

no it dont…the trick is not to be going for tea and biscuits in the 1st place…lets have a fight… :astonished:

BOXING TOON.gif

Euro:
Documentary evidence is ten times more valuable than verbal evidence. e.g. a signed defect note is more valuable than, “Well, he said that he had done a walk-round check”

When I am summoned to VOSA or TC, I take a fat file full of letters and photocopies.

But now the game has changed and just about everything is either digitally saved or available on line. The only hard copies are drivers defect notes, weighbridge tickets and a “tick box” form confirming that I have viewed all the relevant documents and files. Somehow it seems less reassuring.

If you move with the times, you don’t even need the drivers to produce hard copies for the defect notes. :wink:

You need to develop some good IT practices and have a back-up system, none of this all the documentation burned in the mysterious office fire, just before you guys arrived. :open_mouth:
Obviously for some operators, complete hard drive failure of the main system and the back-up system “accidentally” wiped out by the office junior might be a good excuse. :laughing:

this solves both problems in 1 go…
youtube.com/watch?v=q_MtmUli8xc

PMI and Breakdowns are filed at home for me. The Daily checks and Delivery Notes are scanned in, saved on an external hard drive in a flameproof safe and backed up to dropbox. That way I have access to all Daily Checks at the roadside and can easily find and email delivery notes if needed on the road.