Dawbarn cover in frost

Ive recently purchased a 2014 wilcox bulk tipper fitted with a dawbarn electric rollover cover. Cover worked perfectly until the other day when temperatures dropped to -2. Then the cover failed to roll. Vehicle has to be parked outside overnight. cover was not very stiff and I could not see where the problem was. Anyone come across this before or any advice?
Thanks

Yes its the motor at the front cant pull the sheet over the edge of the trailer.Best thing to do is leave the side bar on top of the trailer at the edge and then you should not have any bother with it.I used to do that and never had any hassel with the sheet then.

Colin_scottish:
Yes its the motor at the front cant pull the sheet over the edge of the trailer.Best thing to do is leave the side bar on top of the trailer at the edge and then you should not have any bother with it.I used to do that and never had any hassel with the sheet then.

Thanks Colin I will try that. It certainly doesn’t take alot to stop the motor especially when loader drivers pile the load in the middle of the trailer and the cover gets stuck. Thanks for that.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

daire:

Colin_scottish:

Thanks Colin I will try that. It certainly doesn’t take alot to stop the motor especially when loader drivers pile the load in the middle of the trailer and the cover gets stuck. Thanks for that.

Get a stickers made up “BAR” and stick on middle at top sides of trailer.
They’ll tip bucket either side then and spread out the heap.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Thanks big truck, I’ve a bar sticker and red reflective tape both sides. Still some loader drivers take no notice. It’s a 72 cubic yard body so usually no need go near the top of the trailer anyway. Now most drivers loading it are fine, but there is always a few!