Licence

Switching from sole trader to Ltd, applied for new licence, can i expect a visit

From my experience it’s unlikely, but might be invited to attend a DVSA seminar with other new licence holders. The one I went to was pretty informal and the tea and biscuits were free. :laughing: but a few years ago as they were in the process of going from VOSA to DVSA.

Only if they’ve either got no info about you or if you’ve been naughty recently. Otherwise I’d say no.

I’m adding a extra vehicle as well
Been stopped a few times got the all clear but not for a few years
MOT have passed first time every time

When we changed from sole trader to Limited Company, had a visit after about a year of trading as a Limited Company. He explained we had ‘flagged up’ as a ‘New’ Operator even though we had been trading as a sole trader since the ‘A’ licence days. Checked everything and went away quite happy.

nyk473l:
When we changed from sole trader to Limited Company, had a visit after about a year of trading as a Limited Company. He explained we had ‘flagged up’ as a ‘New’ Operator even though we had been trading as a sole trader since the ‘A’ licence days. Checked everything and went away quite happy.

Technically you are a new operaror though.

Hence applying for a new license, instead of a minor/major change.