6436£ for any driver insurance cover for one unit

Hi,

I have been quoted for 6436£ for an any driver policy to cover one tractor unit. Could you guys tell me that is that the average going rate or am I being overcharged here?

I have received similar quotes for insured only policy as well. My wife had an accident on my car insurance policy that I have to declare as a claim. So I though I would be better off going for the any driver over 25 policy.

Could I have your opinions please about the above.

Best regards,

Lucas

What is the unit?

I’m paying just under half that on my 2013 Actros, any driver over 25 but I do have full no claims bonus and a claim free record.

whelmic:
What is the unit?

I’m paying just under half that on my 2013 Actros, any driver over 25 but I do have full no claims bonus and a claim free record.

Hi. Thanks for your response. It’s a 2013 plate Renault Premium 640. No bonus.
Would you provide me the name of your insurance company please? I would like to try my luck with them.

Are you going to be driving the truck yourself most of the time Lucas ? The reason I ask is that you will make a saving by having named drivers rather then any driver, insurance company’s don’t like the unknown hence the loading on your any driver over 25 quote.
I have used Ratcliffe Insurance in Cheltenham for a lot of years now and have always found them to be very professional and competitive.

R143-500:
Are you going to be driving the truck yourself most of the time Lucas ? The reason I ask is that you will make a saving by having named drivers rather then any driver, insurance company’s don’t like the unknown hence the loading on your any driver over 25 quote.
I have used Ratcliffe Insurance in Cheltenham for a lot of years now and have always found them to be very professional and competitive.

Hi R143-500,

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I have tried Ratcliffe and “Insured Only” policy would be around 5500£ because of the previous claim on my personal car insurance policy. Because of the relatively small difference in price between the Any Driver & Insured Only policy I have decided to try and opt for an All Driver cover as this would give me the option to double shift the lorry manned by other drivers should I be able to come across such contract.

The any driver policy is the way to go I think. I’m on a named driver policy and it’s too much of a balls ache to take time off, so I dont. You can also double shift as you said, or go four on four off and have more time to yourself.

As for my policy I’ve currently got a 2014/64 2551 Bigspace on 160k year, named driver with 1 fault and 2 non-faults in the past five years. I pay 7k a year including PLI, GIT Inc CMR, degradation and RHA6500 and camera cover. I have no NCB and no history or running trucks.

As I’m guessing you don’t moonlight as a photographer, you may not need to insure a case of dslrs so you could save £200 there.

When I pick up the new Renault at the end of the month the price goes up by £100.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Without going looking I can’t tell you exactly, but it’s around £3kish, not named drivers, though if we take someone on under 25, then we need to tell them, but it doesn’t affect the premium, just the excess.

I insure through the Burley Group, very happy with them.

Try Coverwell.