How to find out vehicle service history?

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a used 63 plate Renault Premium. The seller (F.W.Harrison in Ashford) was unable to show me the service history of the vehicle saying that I may be able to obtain this information from an approved Renault truck service station.

The vehicle has low mileage 318000 km on the clock and it appears to be in good condition inside and out. The short test drive also did not reveal any signs that would be cause for concern.

Here is a link to a picture taken of the vehicle: ibb.co/cFhtqw

I would like to know from those of you who have had more experience in operating your own vehicles that if Renault would be unable or unwilling to share the service history of the vehicle, what would be the best way to proceed regarding maintenance?

Ie:. The clutch will probably need changing once a certain distance have been covered. So without knowing when was it changed and not seeing the part, how can I tell when a change will be due to avoid costly repairs and breakdown later down the road? :confused:

I forgot to mention: The vehicle was used in Scotland by PCL.

Thank you all in advance,

Best regards,

Lucas

If dealer aintained then Renault should be able to help if not maintained in the dealernet then who ever serviced it should have records

Lucas Schwarts:
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a used 63 plate Renault Premium. The seller (F.W.Harrison in Ashford) was unable to show me the service history of the vehicle saying that I may be able to obtain this information from an approved Renault truck service station.

The vehicle has low mileage 318000 km on the clock and it appears to be in good condition inside and out. The short test drive also did not reveal any signs that would be cause for concern.

Here is a link to a picture taken of the vehicle: ibb.co/cFhtqw

I would like to know from those of you who have had more experience in operating your own vehicles that if Renault would be unable or unwilling to share the service history of the vehicle, what would be the best way to proceed regarding maintenance?

Ie:. The clutch will probably need changing once a certain distance have been covered. So without knowing when was it changed and not seeing the part, how can I tell when a change will be due to avoid costly repairs and breakdown later down the road? :confused:

I forgot to mention: The vehicle was used in Scotland by PCL.

Thank you all in advance,

Best regards,

Lucas

Don’t worry about fixing things that aren’t broke… just preventative maintenance all the way… if you want to know specifically about the clutch tho… plug a computer in and have the truck tell you it’s status.

Renault will have the service history,it will of had to be dealer serviced to keep the warranty in tact from new!
Ring Renault and they will I’m sure supply it as it’s all computerised now.

In my experience clutches on Renault Premiums tend to fail at about 500,000km but because the release bearing collapses rather than because the plate is worn out.

If it’s on the original number plates then the details at the bottom in small print are usually a good place to start ,normally before you purchase though :wink:

Punchy Dan:
If it’s on the original number plates then the details at the bottom in small print are usually a good place to start ,normally before you purchase though :wink:

And make sure you know where you are collecting it from, as Ashford + Ashbourne are a fair way apart :wink:

Stanley Mitchell:

Punchy Dan:

And make sure you know where you are collecting it from, as Ashford + Ashbourne are a fair way apart :wink:

Haha :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It’s in Ashbourne indeed Stan. I have so much to do to be ready to start on Thursday that now days I don’t even know where my head is.

Thank you all for the responses and useful advice!!!

Yes I made a similar mistake when going to look at a truck in Stroud, at least that’s what I thought she said on the phone :unamused: Did not read the address until I set off, Strood :exclamation: Needless to say I was a bit late :laughing: as I was starting 80 mile north of Stroud

manski:
Yes I made a similar mistake when going to look at a truck in Stroud, at least that’s what I thought she said on the phone :unamused: Did not read the address until I set off, Strood :exclamation: Needless to say I was a bit late :laughing: as I was starting 80 mile north of Stroud

I know someone who had a driver confuse Mottingham + Nottingham AND Leeds + Leeds Castle…in the same week :open_mouth:

Stanley Mitchell:

manski:

I know someone who had a driver confuse Mottingham + Nottingham AND Leeds + Leeds Castle…in the same week :open_mouth:

Got stopped by a German driver in Sutton near Stalham Norfolk, he couldn’t find the address, turned out he wanted Sutton in Ashfield.

But not as bad as the Turkish driver who turned up at Gibraltar Point in Lincolnshire, instead of Gibraltar. :open_mouth:

One of the largest dealers in our locality, Don’t think I’ve ever met anyone round these parts that’s actually bought owt off them!

Not sure if it would work in your context but we use an online service to keep an eye on the service history of our vehicles, just add our vehicles and it keeps a record of their history not sure if it would work in your case but may be worth a try. Let me know if it works out for ya.

5…4…3…2…1.

jamesWhite542:
… Let me know if it works out for ya…

Why?? :confused: :confused: :wink: