just an idea

ive been self employed now for nearly 4yrs .ive been doing courier work.anyway im getting a new website and was thiking of adding a hgv2 driverservice .ive had my licence now for 21yrs
do you think its a good idea or is it bound to fail as it will be only me doing the hgv work. any advice would be welcome .thanks

Make your website clearer than your post.

point taken.

basically im asking if you would use a hgv 2 driver service if it was only a one man outfit

So are you saying you are a self employed class 2 driver and are wondering if putting an advert on line is a good move?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

no im saying im a self employed courier .with a hgv licence and was thinking about offering a driver hire on the website but sèeing it was only me who would do the hgv work would it be a service you would use .sorry for the confusion

You may get some bites mate, but I’d be surprised if there were many for a couple of reasons; firstly most CO’s requiring relief drivers will have various agencies as their preferred option, secondly you can actually do very well as a freelance driver (check out member Switchlogic) but, and it’s a big but, you need to have a solid and very good reputation to make it work. I’m assuming that you may have a good rep in van world but will have zero in HGV world? If so, why would these companies take the chance?

Sorry if that’s not what you want to hear mate but it’s the harsh economic truth. All the best anyway.

thats exactly what i want to hear if owner drivers would use me instead of the agencies .i do prefer to be told what you guys think no hairs or graces just the truth thanks

You’d probably do better visiting the local haulage firms, and contacting the 0D’s to introduce yourself, and offer your services, although, most OD’s tend to be class 1, rather than class 2.

yeah thats what I was thinking. the local firms to me that I’ve been to seem to only want class 1s because they can cover any class .

Password94:
thats exactly what i want to hear if owner drivers would use me instead of the agencies .i do prefer to be told what you guys think no hairs or graces just the truth thanks

I think owner drivers could only use you if their insurance policy allows for “any driver”. I would be happy to have someone like you to cover on the “as and when” basis but I don’t see how could I extend a personal named driver policy, registered to my name only to cover another driver on certain days alone.

I don’t know about the others but it can never hurt to ask though. Good luck to you.

Although you’ve had your licence for 21 years, are you up to date as far as possession of a digicard and the essential Driver CPC card is concerned? You’ll need both.

yes ive got all 5 modules.digi card etc etc