Tachograph Software

Hi all can anyone advise me what exactly l require to get my digi tacho records downloaded? l have spoke with afew companies who supply the software and kits etc. but the are trying to sell me everything… Not sure if l really need all of what they say…
l am a driver owner and am running on my own operators licence. Any advice apreciated. Thank you

Computer, card reader and software , also may be a separate drive to store data encase computer goes wrong etc

Thx Blue. So l dont need the download tool that plugs into the digi tacho itself? Should the software have analysist too? Thx

Supa Shift:
Thx Blue. So l dont need the download tool that plugs into the digi tacho itself? Should the software have analysist too? Thx

Is the truck your own or you rent lease it ? Then yes you need the head download tool as well and company card

Yes its my own truck and l have my own digi card…

I’ve sent you a pm.

I’m in the same boat, everyone just wants to sell you everything when all I need is the bare basics

gez28:
I’m in the same boat, everyone just wants to sell you everything when all I need is the bare basics

Look at it this way: You have legal obligations to download and store the information. How you do it is up to you.
A well thought out set up can also be used to analyse/store working time.
I had a quick look and a basic kit that contains downloader and software came in at £220+VAT. You could buy just a downloader (about £150) and then find some free software online to do the analysis. Others on here have done this. Or send the data to a third party to analyse on your behalf. Just looked and instantly found £1 per driver per week advertised online.

Wildy:

gez28:

Look at it this way: You have legal obligations to download and store the information. How you do it is up to you.
I had a quick look and a basic kit that contains downloader and software came in at £220+VAT. You could buy just a downloader (about £150) and then find some free software online to do the analysis. Others on here have done this. Or send the data to a third party to analyse on your behalf. Just looked and instantly found £1 per driver per week advertised online.

Do you sell them? Any links? Thanks

gez28:

Wildy:

gez28:

Do you sell them? Any links? Thanks

No I dont. These people do: novadata.co.uk/sec/535/Digi … rter-Kits/

I used to download my card and VU using a Lisle Digidown Plus, which was about £200.

lisledesign.com/DigidownPlus/

I’ve still got it but don’t need it, you can have it for £100 if you want.

Then I used to use Tachomaster for the analysis. I think it was £1.50 a week for the driver data and £1 a week for the VU data.

tachomaster.co.uk/

Harry Monk:
I used to download my card and VU using a Lisle Digidown Plus, which was about £200.

Then I used to use Tachomaster for the analysis. I think it was £1.50 a week for the driver data and £1 a week for the VU data.

tachomaster.co.uk/

^^This.
I have a DigiVU+ which downloads card and tacho head. It cost me about £180 from the FTA.

Dump all the data into Tachomaster for £1 per driver and £1.50 per truck per week and they do all the analysis and data storage for me. Log back in a day or so later and check for infringements etc, then counsel myself. I think i need to have a proper word with myself after last week, I’m a problem gambler and my game is Drivetime Roullette at the moment. I’m not good at it!

Harry Monk:

tachomaster.co.uk/

Hi Harry, Thanks for the offer but l have already bought 1. lts and Lisle download tool the same. I dont suppose you know what software is compatible with it?

nsmith1180:

Harry Monk:

tachomaster.co.uk/

^^This.
I have a DigiVU+ which downloads card and tacho head. It cost me about £180 from the FTA.

Dump all the data into Tachomaster for £1 per driver and £1.50 per truck per week and they do all the analysis and data storage for me. Log back in a day or so later and check for infringements etc, then counsel myself. I think i need to have a proper word with myself after last week, I’m a problem gambler and my game is Drivetime Roullette at the moment. I’m not good at it!

“then counsel myself. I think i need to have a proper word with myself after last week, I’m a problem gambler and my game is Drivetime Roullette at the moment. I’m not good at it!”

Made me laugh !!

Hello :smiley:

I use this 1 of these RHA | Shop

And for the tacho head unit i have 1 of these RHA | Shop | Digivu-Plus but if you have 1 of these you don’t really need the 1 above as it does both.

I use Tachomaster to check my downloads http://www.tachomaster.co.uk/

The cheapest one off payment solution I have been able to find £157.50: globofleet.co.uk/V2/QjJDfFVL … l_Set.html

The software has a nice clean inteface, and the card reader and VU download key is reasonable priced in one nice, neat package.

Regards,

Lucas