Operator cpc, Case study - Question

I’ve recently passed my multiple choice and I’m booked in for the case study in December.
I’ve been doing the home study via RHA, I know it’s an open book exam but unsure of the exact rules.
Am I able to take in my entire folder and any other materials or is there a specific list of acceptable books/notes?

Where are you taking yours? I have mine in december also in peterborough.

I was under the impression you could take literally the whole folder in with you.

Aswel as studying for the past months im also down for a course in novembet, so i will ask.

You can take the entire folder in with you, plus any other notes you may have.

I did mine in September

I took in the whole EOS folder, answers to previous questions that I had done and had marked plus print outs of any of the Gov.uk forms

TBH I just used my folder but I did work on the June exam (IMHO much harder) and I used the gov forms for that

I also took in my Transport Manager book which cost me a bloody fortune and I wanted some money’s worth from it. Still didn’t use it though :imp:

Good friend on a scale of 1-10 how hard would you say it was, I was feeling quite confident after the multiple choice but these last few days I’ve felt like not bothering, seem to be getting basic stuff wrong again. It’s paid for so I’ll still do it just feeling very de motivated.

Concretejim:
Where are you taking yours? I have mine in december also in peterborough.

I was under the impression you could take literally the whole folder in with you.

Aswel as studying for the past months im also down for a course in novembet, so i will ask.

Reading for me

The exam paper in September I didn’t think was too bad. Nowhere near as tricky as the June one IMHO.

If it helps, I went for a day’s exam training and I was shocking. I messed up big time answering the questions but it gave me the KITA that I needed

Just make sure you read the case study. Then read it again and mark the bits you think are relevant to the questions being asked. Remember to use your folder to answer the questions rather than trying to remember as that is when you make silly mistakes

Best of luck and keep slogging!!

Hi I passed the June exam,
I hope these tips help.Time is of the essence, so label each module of your folder to turn to information required ,without wasting time flicking through your folder.
Costings and driver scheduling carry a good chunk of the marks available.
Answer as much as you can even parts of questions if not all ,these all carry marks, and just could be the marks that get you a pass.
Lastly, and probably the most important READ THE BLOODY QUESTION. I think many drooped points in June as they did not read that the costing was based on a half day not a full day of work.
And finally Good luck !!

TheCooler:
Hi I passed the June exam,
I hope these tips help.Time is of the essence, so label each module of your folder to turn to information required ,without wasting time flicking through your folder.
Costings and driver scheduling carry a good chunk of the marks available.
Answer as much as you can even parts of questions if not all ,these all carry marks, and just could be the marks that get you a pass.
Lastly, and probably the most important READ THE BLOODY QUESTION. I think many drooped points in June as they did not read that the costing was based on a half day not a full day of work.
And finally Good luck !!

And the second year of depreciation.

Bloody trick questions.

Well done in passing the June exam. I thought it was far worse than the September one and was really grateful I took mine in September (in Trowbridge)

Have you both got your certificates now? Not sure if we have to do anything with them

Now I am off to do DGSA so wish me luck

How did the OP get on today? Sat mine today, passed the multi choice but the case study was a tough one!

How do you know you passed the multiple choice paper, or did you sit it at an earlier exam?

cracker-bar:
How do you know you passed the multiple choice paper, or did you sit it at an earlier exam?

Depending on where and with who you do your exams with, you can get the results of your multiple choice straight away.

Congrats.

Stans a very naughty boy.

I struggled with the costing at the end, I’d zoned out by then. The question where you had to list all the op license rules he was breaking I only found 9. I’ll be amazed if I pass but I’m glad I did it. One guy in the test seemed to have finished within 1 hour. Most finished about 10 mins before and a few were still going when they stopped us. I did the practice test from sept last week and found that a lot easier.

I wish you all the best of luck

Waiting for the results is one of the hardest bits I thought!

I did my multiple choice on computer and got my results there and then. If you do OK it’s quite a motivator TBF

Aww, I read the title and was expecting:

Plan a route from a to b to c where a is 50 miles from b…

Got excited and a little nostaligic. Good luck chap, if its the open book exam it should be fairly easy, saying that the hardest bit about the City and Guilds exam was finding places in the guide to roadworthiness to squeeze in everything else I needed to write into the covers!

good_friend:
Well done in passing the June exam. I thought it was far worse than the September one and was really grateful I took mine in September (in Trowbridge)

Have you both got your certificates now? Not sure if we have to do anything with them

Now I am off to do DGSA so wish me luck

Thanks,
Good luck with the DGSA.When I get time ,the main certificate will go on the wall somewhere.

Thank you

I printed off some of the old questions for DGSA and nearly had a panic! It’s going to be a tough slog I think but I like a challenge :smiley:

Well I got my results, failed case study. Gutted.

Fiesta93:
Well I got my results, failed case study. Gutted.

Did you receive them by e-mail.

I was told 8th feb for results, and would receive by email.