Barron Wood rate increase

Barron Wood increased their rate from 1.40 to 1.50 for every mile average 1500mile/week. Here is the deal;

We are now looking for long term dedicated hauliers to add to our core fleet department. We can provide work 12 months of the year. If you provide a vehicle before Christmas we will keep you in work through January and February 2018 during the known quiet months.

To work dedicated for us your goods in transit must state RHA6500 PER TON WORDED ‘IN RESPECT OF BARRONWOOD DISTRIBUTION LTD’.

If you can provide us with a tramper driver that can night out 4 nights a week on general haulage please do not hesitate to contact me on the below e mail or telephone number.

All our work is with a taut liner requires 12 ratchet straps and full PPE equipment.

We offer trailer hire at £100.00 per week plus Vat and offer a 7 day payment with no deductions paid via BACS with production of a invoice and proof of deliveries.

Our current rates are we that we work to is £1.50 per mile empty and loaded.

Ideally we will take any driver of any nationality but does need to understand site rules, health and safety rules and can speak English.

Wow :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Andrey1:
Barron Wood increased their rate from 1.40 to 1.50 for every mile average 1500mile/week. Here is the deal;

We are now looking for long term dedicated hauliers to add to our core fleet department. We can provide work 12 months of the year. If you provide a vehicle before Christmas we will keep you in work through January and February 2018 during the known quiet months.

To work dedicated for us your goods in transit must state RHA6500 PER TON WORDED ‘IN RESPECT OF BARRONWOOD DISTRIBUTION LTD’.

If you can provide us with a tramper driver that can night out 4 nights a week on general haulage please do not hesitate to contact me on the below e mail or telephone number.

All our work is with a taut liner requires 12 ratchet straps and full PPE equipment.

We offer trailer hire at £100.00 per week plus Vat and offer a 7 day payment with no deductions paid via BACS with production of a invoice and proof of deliveries.

Ideally we will take any driver of any nationality but does need to understand site rules, health and safety rules and can speak English.

Not worth it financially very very tight profit wise even with a truck that’s paid for

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

alix776:

Andrey1:

Not worth it financially very very tight profit wise even with a truck that’s paid for

how did you calculate if it’s worth it or not?

Common sense and very little calculations will tell you that its not worth it!

It would be bad enough if you owned a truck, let alone having to take on a lease hire.
Good luck to anyone who is going to take this on. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

where is the phone number or email address?

Markyboy1008:

It would be bad enough if you owned a truck, let alone having to take on a lease hire.

Unless you have your own direct customers, I think these rates for subcontractor work is average. Many subbies pulling containers and the rate is about 1.35£ If they can earn living and continue in their business, then with higher rates it’s highly possible too.

This is my basic calculation;
1500 miles/w * 1.50£ = 2250£
Fuel 8mpg (0.95 + vat )will cost around 1000£/w / so monthly after fuel left 5000£

Monthly expenses;
Insurance: 400£
Trailer hire if not owned: 400£
O centre: 300£
Night out parking : 200£
Saving for maintenance: 500£

After all leave you 3200£ before tax. Or 3600£ if own trailer. Yes you will not be millionaire from subbing but still can make a decent life, and I’m sure weekly can achieve more than 1500 mile. If you add/put a driver, after his salary and night outs will leave you about 1000£ . Own 3-5 truck and operate the business outside the cab. How is this sound ? And please share your “very little calculations” thanks.

Andrey1:

Markyboy1008:

Unless you have your own direct customers, I think these rates for subcontractor work is average. Many subbies pulling containers and the rate is about 1.35£ If they can earn living and continue in their business, then with higher rates it’s highly possible too.

Fuel 8mpg (0.95 + vat )will cost around 1000£/w / so monthly after fuel left 5000£

Monthly expenses;

After all leave you 3200£ before tax. Or 3600£ if own trailer. Yes you will not be millionaire from subbing but still can make a decent life, and I’m sure weekly can achieve more than 1500 mile. If you add/put a driver, after his salary and night outs will leave you about 1000£ . Own 3-5 truck and operate the business outside the cab. How is this sound ? And please share your “very little calculations” thanks.

It a simple many companies run you too the limit but not over it

Based on 1500 miles comes in at 2250

Factor in fuel 1k per week
Drivers wage aprox 850 all in
Trailer higher 100
Leaves 300 to pay for a truck insurance tax .

Yes did work wages out as high as they are asking for companies to supply drivers.

You could increase by paying less wages but its way to tight.

I`ve had two customers drop their trailer rental for the next three months [Nov - Dec - Jan] AND increase their rates :wink:

One did it after I mentioned that their work wasn’t paying with one particular driver, and the other did it without any prompting whatsoever :open_mouth:

Is the subbie shortage starting to bite ?

They both seem desperate to keep me sweet, and it`s not as if they are cupid stunts to work for, both companies are decent to deal with and pay on the dot :wink:

My company do work for them but its only back loads so it pays then as most of trip is already paid for

Got a double drive unit not doing a lot, where do I sign up?

is it only me finding £100pw for trailer hire excessive?

Priest:
is it only me finding £100pw for trailer hire excessive?

Ive got one customer @ £100, but that covers EVERYTHING, slashed curtains, accident damage [if not to blame], blow-outs / punctures ect.....very tidy kit as well.....they have dropped the rental for the next three months, so Ill be keeping an eye on their invoices for any “sundries” regarding the trailers :wink:

Ive got another @ £90 a week, and again, everything is covered, AND they dont charge if the driver has a day off or bank holidays, even if we work them [which we normally do]…They have dropped their weekly charge as well for the next three months :open_mouth:

There is another large outfit offering traction with their trailer charge @ £100 a week, but you pay for everything apart from the “fair wear & tare” clause…far too ambiguous for my liking :unamused:

For those that have Truckbay UK on BookFace,

facebook.com/groups/4841762 … 8521121401

i get £1.75 for my curtainside sprinter :grimacing: :laughing:

burnley-si:
i get £1.75 for my curtainside sprinter :grimacing: :laughing:

all miles? In which case you are doing well.

Well, I agonised over this Monday to Wednesday last week and on Thursday ordered a used curtainsider.

I’m making a profit on Wincanton at average £1.32 a mile so BWD should prove a route to more profit. All of which will be spent on the trailer methinks…

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

nsmith1180:
Well, I agonised over this Monday to Wednesday last week and on Thursday ordered a used curtainsider.

I’m making a profit on Wincanton at average £1.32 a mile so BWD should prove a route to more profit. All of which will be spent on the trailer methinks…

Has the purchase of the skelly been binned then??
Would there not be box companies offering better rates than Wincanton if you shopped around rather than moving to taunt work??

Are Barronwood not more an outfit to use for backload rather than FT subbie??
Don’t like the sound of “av 1500mile/week” to be honest!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:

nsmith1180:

Has the purchase of the skelly been binned then??
Would there not be box companies offering better rates than Wincanton if you shopped around rather than moving to taunt work??

Are Barronwood not more an outfit to use for backload rather than FT subbie??
Don’t like the sound of “min 1500mile/week” to be honest!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I’ve spoken to them and I’ve spoken to some who pull for them, hell, I’ve even delivered some of their loads! It looks reasonable to me.

The buying a skelly idea was just looking to cut down costs but I was always conscious of the fact it meant nailing my colours to a containerised mast. Buying a taut gives me options and I’m going to be better placed looking for my own work if I’m pulling a taut rather than a skelly.

Andrey1:

Monthly expenses;

Andrey1

You are lucky if get £2225 before TAX, we no. Too many waiting time that is not paid in good rate.
Now about how much leave we have:expenses no only fuel, insurance and hire or own truck/trailer - what about other expenses such: operate center cost, transport manager and accouter fees if you need to have their, any toll roads/tunnels/bridges and other small relevant spending that accumulate,unfortunately, to not small money .