Barron Wood rate increase

nsmith1180:

inga2018:

kr79:

nsmith1180:
inga2018. I don’t understand what point you are trying to make, twice, with exactly the same grammatically terrible post.

Are you saying you have done it and not been able to make it pay? Are you saying that you know from reliable sources that they don’t pay waiting time?

I did it for just over three months and in that time the only month I didn’t at least break even was February. I actually made a £150 profit in January, which is about a grand better than I was expecting. So while I am sure your points are a lot better reasoned than they are communicated, I am not sure they are 100% valid.

As for the before tax bit, are you talking about VAT or Corporation Tax/Income Tax? Because if you are VAT registered, which at £2225 a week you are legally required to be, VAT doesn’t matter, you think pre-VAT because you claim back any VAT you spend out. Corporation tax is only paid on annual profit, so if £2225 a week isn’t enough to break even, you don’t get a tax bill at the end of the year. Same with income tax if you are running as a Sole Trader or Partnership, (I shudder at the thought but know of several fleets of 18+ that are sole traders!) You only pay tax if money in exceeds money out.

150 quid profit sounds like one for dragons den with a whopping profit like that

:frowning:

With the horror stories you hear about work immediately after Christmas I was expecting to make a loss in January. Over the whole year on projections it would balance out into an overall profit.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

now is April- income per week still is £2020-2135