Transport manager National CPC

Does anyone know if a pre 2012 national CPC holder is limited to acting for a standard national operators licence holder or, as there is now no difference between ‘national’ CPC and 'international ’ CPC. Can he be transport manager for an international operator? The reason being is that the operator is upgrading to international and have been unable find out if the CPC holder needs to re-apply for the post 2012 CPC. Many thanks.

If he has a pre-2012 national CPC then he cannot be the nominated CPC holder on an international O licence, he will have to re-take the CPC. I took my national and international CPC in December 2011, passed the national and failed the international, I re-took the international in March 2012 and passed, the March 2012 exam was the last chance a national licence holder had to upgrade just by taking the international element of the exam. Had I failed it I would have had to have taken the whole exam again to be the CPC holder on an international O licence. Sorry I can’t give you better news.

Thanks Harry. That’s what we thought might be the case. Just thought it worth posting in case anyone had found a way around it. Looks like we’ll be spending £1,200 or so then. Bugger!

IMHO There’s no need to spend all that money.

Get hold of an EOS folder and push yourself. There’s enough past exam papers on the web to at least get a feeling as to what you are likely to be asked.

That’s how I passed mine anyway with a day’s test exam training and asking a lot of questions