Driver licence check service

Does anyone here subscribe to a driver licence checking service? There seem to be several doing a regular (3 months?) automated report covering licence, entitlement and cpc for the same price (£3.75 +v) as DVLA

Nope, just get written permission from your drivers and do it through gov. Website for nothing. If they won’t give you permission they maybe have something to hide??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even verbal permission. I do agency work now and it’s quite common when I turn up for a new haulier for them to ask me for my national insurance number so they can check my driving licence status (all of the other information is on my driving licence). Strictly speaking they shouldn’t do this as it requires them to make a declaration that they are me, which they aren’t, but I just adopt the approach of thinking that they are entitled to protect their own interests, I am legally entitled to drive their vehicle, I am there to earn money and so the sooner they get their checks out of the way, the sooner I can get off up the road.

Harry Monk:
Even verbal permission. I do agency work now and it’s quite common when I turn up for a new haulier for them to ask me for my national insurance number so they can check my driving licence status (all of the other information is on my driving licence). Strictly speaking they shouldn’t do this as it requires them to make a declaration that they are me, which they aren’t, but I just adopt the approach of thinking that they are entitled to protect their own interests, I am legally entitled to drive their vehicle, I am there to earn money and so the sooner they get their checks out of the way, the sooner I can get off up the road.

As Harry has described above, check my drivers every month for free, takes 30 minutes tops for 25 drivers,

I use licencecheck because I can’t be bothered doing it myself. I get email updates and the risk score the drivers so high risk drivers get checked more often.

has anyone used Driver Hire licence Check ?

Ron jevis:
Nope, just get written permission from your drivers and do it through gov. Website for nothing. If they won’t give you permission they maybe have something to hide??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may well have something to hide. Something by law employers are not entitled to see. Specifically spent driving convictions that remain on the licence for 11 years. A convenient grey loophole left in the system by the government.

Has the system changed ?
It used to be via a code that was only valid for a limited time and then had to be reapplied for .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Reasonably old topic but we use this licencemanager.co.uk/ just add our staff and vehicles and then it checks em every two weeks, quite neat :slight_smile:

coiler:
I use licencecheck because I can’t be bothered doing it myself. I get email updates and the risk score the drivers so high risk drivers get checked more often.

Can you define a high risk driver please ? One with points or other details ?

TommyTanker:

coiler:

Can you define a high risk driver please ? One with points or other details ?

Normally one with points gained while driving class c or c+e.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

MrJowett:

Do you make a charge for the check?

dieseldave:

MrJowett:

The real question you are posing Dave is “do you understand reading between the lines?” Or even “do you see how subtle I can be?” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

dieseldave:

MrJowett:

The real question you are posing Dave is “do you understand reading between the lines?” Or even “do you see how subtle I can be?” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Indeed maoster… perhaps I should have written ‘they’ instead of ‘you’ ? :wink: :grimacing: