Selling Old Trucks for parts or repair

The company i work for has 4 old (oldest is 25 years old) removals trucks that have sat in the corner of our Operating Center for between 1 to 3 years. We have taken a couple of minor parts off them for repairs to our other trucks. Have any of you guys had any experience on selling older trucks? Where on the web would be the best place to sell them? Thank you in advance.

it all depends on what type of body is on them, alloy good, fibre glass over plywood not so, towable, where in the country, how tall,

All Our Old Rubbish Gets Listed On eBay. Sold Loads The Past Few Weeks. People Seem Attracted To Garbage.

I have nothing to contribute here except for a plea to please Grammar! OP good, second post, no capitals and only commas. Third post all in title case, it’s so hard to read.

Perhaps call one of these places that exports old trucks, they may have a way for you to free up yard space at a profit.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Put them on eBay , if someone who travels here from overseas buys them don’t take a deposit ,it’s likely they will leave them in your yard for a very long time ,it’s also highly likely that the 2nd highest bidder would be a uk based exporter / breaker who will buy them and take them away very quick ,infact you will probably get an email from them offering to do this .happens all the time .

Bearing in mind that we sometimes comment that it has been along time since there were eg any Ovlov 6F pantechnicons around and then wake up to the fact that they have all gone, the 25 year old is possibly just old enough to interest those who want an old vehicle to restore. A one month classified advert in Vintage and classic commercials or another like magazine may shift it, but you would need to keep clear of tyre kickers. If it has sat there for three years another month…?

:slight_smile:
‘Classic Truck’ and ‘Heritage Commercials’ are two more monthly magazines that sometimes have ex removal vans in their free classified ads. :sunglasses:

nsmith1180:
I have nothing to contribute here except for a plea to please Grammar! OP good, second post, no capitals and only commas. Third post all in title case, it’s so hard to read.

sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

You really should have proof read that, before posting it. :unamused: :laughing:

Colingl:

nsmith1180:

sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

You really should have proof read that, before posting it. :unamused: :laughing:

Very good :grimacing:

I reely fink thees days grammur as reely takun a bak seet and dont matter.

Its a bit like judging people on the clothes they wear and the car they drive, its mean nowt, unless you are just plain shallow, nice car+scruffy clothes most likely means they are richer than you!

when you get older theres no time to faf about with excess words,

Fair enough, an in joke I don’t realise I was using. Seriously though, can we make a wee bit more of an effort with the S.P.A.G.? I found the title case post almost painful.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

List them on eBay, a no reserve auction, they’ve been sat about for years doing nowt, so what ever you get is a bonus, plus they get taken away, what’s not to like.

I have a good selection of photos if anybody is genuinely interested, five removals trucks, 3 Mercedes and 2 Dafs. Please send your email address through messages and i will get these to you.

I’ve placed some photos on a Facebook ‘Trucks For Sale UK’

Truckbay on fb is good for selling stuff