Owner Drivers in Southampton

Hi everyone,

I’m an owner operator of 10+ years with 5 trucks.

Due to a huge increase in work pulling containers out of Southampton Port I was looking at growing my fleet but really want to look at using more owner drivers.

It will be “proper” money as I don’t agree with the little rates companies such as Maritime pay and paid weekley with a variety of local and long haul work on a full or part time basis.

If anyone has any thoughts on this it would be great to hear back.

Many Thanks

Simon

Sounds good to me for both parties, I do trailers out of Felixstowe for what it’s worth if I was down your way and looking for a change I would give it a go

Professor:
Sounds good to me for both parties, I do trailers out of Felixstowe for what it’s worth if I was down your way and looking for a change I would give it a go

How did you get on with that trailer that “supposedly” hit a bridge in Rotherham all that time ago prof ?

I was only thinking about that incident the other night…sad I know :blush:

Very well thank you Stanley,I got hold of a photo of the trailer as I took it back to the dock off the dock camera’s got my sister in law to compose a letter as she is a lot more intelligent than me saying there was no damage on the trailer and we can prove it and if you do not reply in 14 days we will consider the case closed never heard another thing. I am just very lucky all the trailers are photographed as we take them back to port if I was on general I do not know how I would have got on proving I did not hit the bridge

Professor:
Very well thank you Stanley,I got hold of a photo of the trailer as I took it back to the dock off the dock camera’s got my sister in law to compose a letter as she is a lot more intelligent than me saying there was no damage on the trailer and we can prove it and if you do not reply in 14 days we will consider the case closed never heard another thing. I am just very lucky all the trailers are photographed as we take them back to port if I was on general I do not know how I would have got on proving I did not hit the bridge

Good to hear Prof, has she got a number [just in case] :laughing:

TBF, a strongly worded letter [even if its ■■■■■■■■] normally sorts the situation out, as you are quite probably dealing with a jobsworth anyway…he/she is still probably holed up in their “safe space” as we speak :unamused:

I was passing Rotherham the other night and it all came flooding back :wink:

Evening Simon
I read your post with interest. Briefly I own/run a removal company in gosport, running 2 x 18 rigid plus 7.5. I have decided to diversify into general haulage as the removal work can be very seasonal. We currently cover the UK and Europe when required
I am.in the process of buying a scania tractor unit with a view to having it available for work mid November at the latest. I would be very interested to have a chat with you to see exactly what you require and whether we may able.to assist. Perhaps you could send me your number or give me a call on 02392290467. Thanks Phillip Smale

hi.pm me. :smiley:

Hey. Pm’d you