MAN V12 Engine?

What would the approx rough price of a new MAN V12 Engine be■■?

Know a man with a “slight” problem on a Claas980 forage harvester!!![emoji52]

Some boys are guessing wild figure of £60k fitted or down@ £25k on pallet! !!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

MAN V12 marine engine on eBay in the USA for $89k or about £65k.

I’d think delivery may be extra?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I have no idea, other than the cost of MAN parts is high.

Intrigued why such a complicated engine would be used, what sort of power are we talking 500bhp and around 1600 lbsft torque?

If the costs are ridiculous as i expect they will be, has the chap thought about sourcing a ■■■■■■■ or Cat or similar high power lorry engine, ■■■■■■■ 14 litre engines were running at 500hp in the 80’s powering generators, i would have thought a switched on agr mechanic would be able to come up with an alternative to the current lump, just a suggestion.

I’ve seen ■■■■■■■ lorry engines used in all sorts of agri work, usually left in lorry chassis complete with gearbox and used to drive equipment much more reliably and being almost stall proof work better than tractor PTO’s, given some maintenance they last forever especially the older ones with mechanical pumps and injectors.

D2862, rated at 884hp. 24.2litres.

Big Truck:
What would the approx rough price of a new MAN V12 Engine be■■?

Know a man with a “slight” problem on a Claas980 forage harvester!!![emoji52]

Some boys are guessing wild figure of £60k fitted or down@ £25k on pallet! !!

Having seen the prices of the new truck engines I’d be gobsmacked if you could get that engine supplied brand new for less than £50k.

Juddian:

Intrigued why such a complicated engine would be used, what sort of power are we talking 500bhp and around 1600 lbsft torque?

If the costs are ridiculous as i expect they will be, has the chap thought about sourcing a ■■■■■■■ or Cat or similar high power lorry engine, ■■■■■■■ 14 litre engines were running at 500hp in the 80’s powering generators, i would have thought a switched on agr mechanic would be able to come up with an alternative to the current lump, just a suggestion.

I’ve seen ■■■■■■■ lorry engines used in all sorts of agri work, usually left in lorry chassis complete with gearbox and used to drive equipment much more reliably and being almost stall proof work better than tractor PTO’s, given some maintenance they last forever especially the older ones with mechanical pumps and injectors.

Aye she’s about 850horse@
Maize she’s gotta chop to about 5mm for Anaerobic Digester and put 12rows through a “corn cracker” set of rollers at 3mm wide to crush the kernels.

Takes some POWER and diesel !!!

Just imagine the fun you could have if you managed to shoehorn that lump into a road legal tractor unit with non of the electronic bollox on it? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I believe quite common in the marine world.

The MAN V12 rang a bell: a Caroline Bell.

rossrevenge.co.uk/genny/genman12.jpg

and a bit about it.

rossrevenge.co.uk/genny/genny.htm

Franglais:

this one is a bit closer in liverpool.only needs a service and itl be dead on. :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hgh7N_3yXEM

youtube.com/watch?v=FvVQa2-45XY

full o the pipe… :smiley:

dieseldog999:

Franglais:

this one is a bit closer in liverpool.only needs a service and itl be dead on. :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hgh7N_3yXEM

youtube.com/watch?v=FvVQa2-45XY

full o the pipe… :smiley:

The same boy who was in
“Grassmen full o the pipe” DVD ain’t so much so ATM!!![emoji52]

I take it a 2nd hand MAN V12 that isn’t as old as the hills be VERY hard to source!!!

Juddian:

It shouldn’t be too hard to swap a different engine into that vehicle are often the words at the beginning of so many nightmares.

Is this one of the choppers for the AD Plant you were settting up? How did that go?

WelshKnight:
Is this one of the choppers for the AD Plant you were settting up? How did that go?

Wasn’t me setting it up!!!

They were subbing into Suggett Services who have a few ADs about Norfolk!!!
Think they chopped about 800acre but would’ve needed bit more to justify the jaunt!!!

This one I meant,

WelshKnight:
This one I meant,

New Business venture-Biomass renewable energy - OWNER AND FLEET OPERATORS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Ah that wee project!!!

It was all going rather well back in 07/08 until the house building collapse arrived and the large NI construction firm we had engaged went bust!!!
(Carvill Group)
Eon/SSE were also very interested at the time.

There are a right few ADs now up and running about NI and a large amount have just passed planning.

Not sure those that are run on purely energy crops rather than using food waste etc can make the sums add up long term even with the “ROCs” etc!!![emoji53]

I would maybe guess “Suggit Services” in Norfolk have the potential to make more money selling the “green” organic dried digestate as compost/pellets outta the AD than the actual energy produced by them!!![emoji106]