continental cargo carriers

Is any one on here pulling their trailers, i asked about traction work. This is the reply i received-

“At the moment i can offer 1.40 gbp / mile ( to a certain extend ‘negotiable’ ) . empty or loaded , no difference in price .
we also have a system of a fixed dayrate + dieselcompensation : 235gbp / day + 0.56 gbp / mile for the diesel .”

As long as your not paying finance on a 120k tractor unit and dont have too many overheads you can make a decent living on 1.40 a mile

Umm. At 7 mpg you are losing 2p per mile. At 9 mpg you are making 6p per mile. The day rate needs to go up a bit though, that would be loss making with my standing costs.

£1.40 a mile sounds good but only if you are doing enough distance.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

agree, £235 + £0.56 sounds too low for a min day rate

Anyone with subbies on for them paying them per mile must be laughing their arse off when the subbie does a return load ,it will be nearly all profit for the main man . :unamused:

Swains of Stretton have quite a few on for them out of Purfleet. Have a 17 plate XF on the work, so obviously they are making it pay.

nyk473l:
Swains of Stretton have quite a few on for them out of Purfleet. Have a 17 plate XF on the work, so obviously they are making it pay.

Means nothing.

DFDS here in NI have been getting new Renault T series and new S series Scania all through 2017.

Manfreight are taking over their whole North/South frigo operations from 1st Nov as DFDS losing £37k/week!!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:

nyk473l:

Means nothing.

DFDS here in NI have been getting new Renault T series and new S series Scania all through 2017.

Manfreight are taking over their whole North/South frigo operations from 1st Nov as DFDS losing £37k/week!!![emoji52]

Might have something to do with the fact that every S costs 50k more than every Renault. So they are spending a lot more per vehicle from Sweden than vehicle from France.

Of course they also made the mistake of running a mixed fleet, crossing economy and premium segments. That usually leads to higher turnover of staff and greater agency use as drivers more concerned with status leave because Dave has a better lorry than me. That leads to yet more increased costs and big problems.

nsmith1180:

Big Truck:

nyk473l:

Means nothing.

Might have something to do with the fact that every S costs 50k more than every Renault. So they are spending a lot more per vehicle from Sweden than vehicle from France.

Of course they also made the mistake of running a mixed fleet, crossing economy and premium segments. That usually leads to higher turnover of staff and greater agency use as drivers more concerned with status leave because Dave has a better lorry than me. That leads to yet more increased costs and big problems.

I think it all really boiled down to their frigo contracts were just taken on at a loss!!!

Hear Manfreight are desperately trying to offload the dry-van work before 1st Nov to any NI Hauliers.

An opportunity for a few “forward thinking” O/D’s to join up and get in direct for contracts!!!

I didn’t think manfreight bought the ambient side as well. I thought that side was going to end up with dsv as they own a good bit of dfds.

kris206:
I didn’t think manfreight bought the ambient side as well. I thought that side was going to end up with dsv as they own a good bit of dfds.

Not sure Manfrieght “bought” anything ref the takeover of DFDS NI frigo ops!!![emoji6]