continental cargo carriers

nsmith1180:

Big Truck:

nyk473l:
Swains of Stretton have quite a few on for them out of Purfleet. Have a 17 plate XF on the work, so obviously they are making it pay.

Means nothing.

DFDS here in NI have been getting new Renault T series and new S series Scania all through 2017.

Manfreight are taking over their whole North/South frigo operations from 1st Nov as DFDS losing £37k/week!!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Might have something to do with the fact that every S costs 50k more than every Renault. So they are spending a lot more per vehicle from Sweden than vehicle from France.

Of course they also made the mistake of running a mixed fleet, crossing economy and premium segments. That usually leads to higher turnover of staff and greater agency use as drivers more concerned with status leave because Dave has a better lorry than me. That leads to yet more increased costs and big problems.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I think it all really boiled down to their frigo contracts were just taken on at a loss!!!

Hear Manfreight are desperately trying to offload the dry-van work before 1st Nov to any NI Hauliers.

An opportunity for a few “forward thinking” O/D’s to join up and get in direct for contracts!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk