show truck

Hi been out of driving game for about 8 years now due to becoming disabled, I have kept my licence so I was thinking of getting a truck just to go to shows so do I have to have the cpc as well? any help would be welcome

no cpc required as not used for work, but if over 7.5 ton gross and fitted with a tachograph it must be used, some see this as a pain but on the day you get stopped its so much easier to hand them over and be waved on your way, I run a 12 ton merc with my old Bedford on the back, there are lots of get out clauses but I mot it tax it use tachos and get it inspected by an independent garage, and get the Bedford brake checked on the rollers, I do a show in the Netherlands and its cheaper by lots going dover Dunkirk and driving up even though you need a toll box for Belgium as everything over there over 3.5 ton if not purley passenger carrying needs the box. 60 euro to join 145 (refundable) euro for the box + toll, my trip usually works out about 70 euro which is a lot more than the old 8 euro a day for an artic. sorry got carried away there.