Genuine people ,really?

What are you paying for parts that you can get the same make cheaper elsewhere ?
I’ve just been invoiced £39 for a shunt valve and same for a park valve I see I can get same Haldex valves for £20 to £26 at other places also m10/m16 air fittings £4 each which at diagraph are only £2.40 .

How long’s a piece of string really. I would say that generally online hasn’t caught up in the truck parts world and counters are still generally cheaper. Nine times out of ten you can go to the same place as them and buy direct but that assumes you’ve got the time to do that and can wait.

Those air fittings will probably be cheaper again from Tubegear and likely where they’re buying them from. Also always pretend to be trade if going direct and your normal trade supplier has let you down.

Dan ,more and more dealers will not now give out part numbers to customers who then go to independents to cross reference it on to the OE manufacturers part number which will be cheaper …The dealer will check and give you a price but most now will not give you the dealer part number …

norb:
Dan ,more and more dealers will not now give out part numbers to customers who then go to independents to cross reference it on to the OE manufacturers part number which will be cheaper …The dealer will check and give you a price but most now will not give you the dealer part number …

You can get most of the manufacturers parts catalogues, like DAF rapido online for very little so probably can’t stop the tide. Answer really is going to be to sharpen their pencils on price. Granted pattern parts are often not OEM quality but OEM quality isn’t enough to justify quadruple the price.

Bit of a case of once bitten twice shy as well if you can often find dealers trying to wriggle out of parts warranties when that was what you paid the premium for.