Maritime?

Anyone working for Maritime out of Thamesport as an Owner Driver ?
Any useful info appreciated.
Phil

i have done some work for martime out of felixstowe on the word of a guy who was on the transport desk who i have worked for before but after only 5 weeks i had to stop because the rates on some jobs where crap.wisbech to southampton for 86 pence per mile .so its up to you good luck

had mate of mine on there. got guaranteed £1.500 per week. but when he got near it got stuck on local job rate jobs such as british sugar at silvertown to barking. seems there own motors get priority. only good thing he said was that he always had a pre loaded tlr instead of sitting on the pads for ages. needless to say he pulled off. now on oocl direct and doing 2 grand plus a week.

r slicker:
now on oocl direct

:question: :question:

More info please!! :wink: oocl■■?

OOCL is a containershipping line , rather than a container haulier and therefore without the middle men the rates are better, it’s quite a job to get on with them I’ve found. Anyone with any contacts? A PM would be appreciated. :smiley:

wonder how difficult it would be to sort out your own boxes? theres two yards local to me that have four or five a piece every week and what they pay for haulage is a hell of a lot more than the container firms pay the subbies!

just had some bumf through for em, you can go on mileage rate as per most container firms with a minimum garauntee and a reasonable rate or you can work out of one of their container bases on what they term “daily job rates”, who knows might be ok?

you still looking at boxes then Paul?

just looking round at the alternatives should the steel work come to an end.
the jobs very much up in the air at the minute, all haulage contracts are officially at an end the last day of december, the plan apparently was not to renew any contracts with the various firms doing the work at the moment but to bring in TDG to act as a core operator who would then dish out the work as a sort of go between so that corus were in effect only dealing with one firm for their haulage, but it seems this has been put off for the time being and left all concerned not knowing whats going to happen. the thing is once out of contract they’re not obliged to find work for the firm i sub off and obviously if things go quiet it’ll me and the other subbies who get parked up first, be a shame because it’s been bloody good work for the last ten months, on the other hand it might all pan out and i’ll carry on for the next couple of years.
i could actually buy a flatbed and keep myself busy on sleepers but the rates aren’t fantastic and it’d be going back to not knowing what i’m going to earn week to week which i had with the hiab work which i don’t really fancy.